CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

.

"Loan sharks. Loan fucking sharks! Are you kidding me Lana? Why have they taken us?" I whisper/yelled to Lana.

Where these guys like the mafia or something?

I felt a finger brush up against my exposed waist and I tensed up. "I'm a big Lara Croft fan." A voice whispered in my ear and I tensed again.

The guy next to me was way too touchy and close to me for my liking. "Don't touch me, dickhead!" I hissed making the men in the car laugh.

"Little spit fire, ain't ya darlin'?" He said in a drawled Texas accent.

I snarled. "Bite me, fuck face."

He smirked and leaned into me. "Don't tempt me, Kitten." He purred.

I widened my eyes. "Don't call me that you son of a bitch." I slapped his face and he growled, lifted his hand and slapped my face.

I winced and covered my burning cheek with my hand. "Stop it." Lana yelled but was held tightly to the man that was next to her.

I wanted to cry so badly the tears where literally on the brim of my eyes but I blinked them away.

No way in the hell I was giving the asshole the satisfaction of me crying.

"Lana, why on earth is this happening to us? They must have the wrong people, right?" I turned to Lana ignoring the guy next to me.

Lana sighed. "I'm sorry about this, I was starting to like you." She said softly as the car soft.

What the holy fuck?

"Lana, what the hell is that supposed to mean?" I yelled throwing my hands up in frustration.

She lowered her head. "Myself and my brother owe these guys some money and it's their rule that when they come for collection if they don't get payment they focused on the person who is with their mark." She explained.

Oh god, they were so mafia!

"Their mark? What the hell are you guys hit men or something? This is Arizona not Las Vegas." I shouted and the car erupted in male laughter.

"Pricks." I muttered then felt a sting in my arm from where the asshole next to me grabbed my arm tightly clearly not liking my name calling.

I shook him off.

"Okay, let me get this straight you didn't have their money so now they have taken us. What does it have to do with me exactly?" I asked.

"I knew you would follow me outside when you seen I was upset and because you came to help me these guys will expect you to help me with paying them." She said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Nice explanation Miss Harding." A man from the front seat said with a smirk.

I froze.

No way, it could possibly be the same Harding.

"H-Harding?" I stuttered and looked at Lana.

"Lana Harding." I said and she nodded slowly. "Are you by any chance related to Jeff Harding?" I asked.

"He is my big brother." She said.

Oh my god!

I covered my face in my hands and shook my head. "I'm so stupid, you planned all this didn't you? You and Jeff planned this!" I yelled.

She sat back and nodded her head slowly. "He pointed you out to me the night I met you in Jed's and asked you where you got your crop top. He told me about how Justin and your brothers made a fool of him in the cage and going after you would hurt them. I love my brother so I agreed to it." She said with a shrug of her shoulders.