Essence

>>Sorin

“Excuse me!!” I panicked but he remained calm.

“I apologize if it was offensive.” He said, “It’s just strong, the smell on you.” He moved away, “Did you sleep with a woman yesterday?” He thought about his words as I froze. Did I sleep with a woman??? “Or perhaps you share many nights with one partner, might explain why the scent is so strong.”

I gulped.
Holy Shit!! He can tell!! Oh my God! But thank God! He’s assuming wrong too.

I averted my gaze, “That’s not something you should be concerned about.” I sat up and looked at the room.

““I didn’t mean to offend you.” He said.

“It’s alright,” I looked at him again and he too sat up. I noticed something now, he was very clean and looked healthy now but was still shirtless.

And it wasn’t like I was trying to look at him ‘that’ way but I couldn’t stop myself, I mean I tried! But my eyes went down on their own!

And Holy Moly!!!

I didn’t notice it yesterday because he was such a mess but damn, look at that body!!
Look at those abs! Look at those muscles, Mmmm. His hair is nicely brushed too! Damn! Even his horns are sexier!

Demon Lord~ Mmmm, he’s a daddy.

He cleared his throat and I realized how lustfully I was staring at him. I shot my head away immediately.

“I see you have unique preferences,” He said softly, making me feel weird about it even more.

“What!!” I was alarmed, “No!!” I looked at him in horror with my cheeks slightly flushed, “No! No! No! I don’t swing that way!” I desperately explained it to him while he remained calm and I realized I was making a fool of myself.  He never said I was gay or anything like that. He just talked about my preference but he could have meant anything by it!

I just clowned myself!

Shit!!
I turned my head away again which was now red  and cleared my throat,  “How are you feeling?” I asked him with my face looking the other way because I was utterly embarrassed.

“Better,” He gave me a short reply.

“Would you like to rest more?” I pursed my lips.

“Perhaps,” He answered but it looked like he was unsure.

“Is something bothering you?” I asked, “Was I not able to heal you properly?” I did my best. I even took those extra mana potions so that I wouldn’t run out of it in the middle before I was done.

Could it be? I didn’t succeed because I’m not really sure how magic works?
Oh no…

“No,”  Kaan replied, ''you put in a lot of effort for me,the injuries are fine.” His words made me take a breath of relief.

Oh! Thank God!

“Then?” I calmed down and turned to look at him.

“I need essence.” He said, “To reach the full potential I was in, before the imprisonment.”

Essence?
What’s that? Is this a demon thing? I don’t remember anything like that in the main novel. Well, the novel was about Leonidas and didn’t have much perspective from Kaan’s side so it’s understandable that I don’t know about it.

“And where can I find this essence?” I asked, “Can I give it to you?” And he just stared at me, “Is something wrong? Getting something from me will be high quality, I can assure you that.”

“I will rest some more,” He grabbed the covers and pulled them up as laid back down and closed his eyes and I could tell he blatantly ignored my question!
What!!
Did I ask something wrong?? Did I make a huge blunder or something??

I stared at Kaan but he wouldn’t open his eyes at all. He had the covers up till his nose and I just felt so weird! Why didn’t he answer me?? I must have asked something stupid! Is this supposed to be common knowledge?

I got off the bed and headed towards the door when the knock came, “Your highness?” I heard Leroy and opened the door hastily.

“Leroy,” I stepped outside, “I need to ask you something,” We shut the door behind us and stood in the hallway.

“Is the Demon king resting?” He asked and I nodded, “That’s good I guess, you passed out after healing him and he asked for a bath.I hope you don’t mind, he used the royal steam bath.”

“Oh?” I paused, “No wonders he looked so clean.” I shook my head, “That aside,” I looked at Leroy, “I need an answer! He said he needs essence.”

Leory was taken aback, “Essence?”

“Yes, to get his strength back or something but what is this essence? How am I supposed to give it to him?”

Leroy’s face got a little funny, he pursed his lips into a straight line and I couldn’t tell if he was worried for me or if he was stopping himself from laughing.

“I see that your memories really are distorted.” He finally managed to say something.

“Did I learn about this? Does everyone learn about this?” I knitted my eyebrows together.

“It’s something all royal and noble blood learn in their studies in detail but the basic tendencies and differences between humans and demons is common knowledge.”He pursed his lips harder, “Did you ask him that?” He was trying very hard not to laugh.

“I did,” I said and some of his laughter slipped out of his lips but he controlled it by pursing his lips tightly again.

“What?” His actions were making me feel really weird and I knew I had done something very wrong. I was starting to feel humiliated at this point but it got worse later.

Leroy cleared his throat and calmed himself down to answer me, “The fastest way to get abundance of essence is through sexual intercourse.”

I froze at his words, “What?” My brain went dead for a moment.

“Through sex.” He replied again and  suppressed a chuckle as my face went red!

Oh My God!!
Shit!!!

I asked him if I could give it to him!!

Oh My!! Hell!!

I said it would be high quality from me!!

Kill me!!
KILL ME AGAIN!!!!