Agreement

>>Sorin

I'll need to talk to Leonidas before I pass this rule around. Abolishing Demon slavery is going to get a riot from all the noble faction. After all, 99% of the slaves are owned by the nobles.

But I'm sure if Leonidas talks to them, they'll think about it. He's like their precious little flower that all of them wish to protect.
In the novel, after the war ended, he passed down the law that will never again be any sort of slavery in the kingdom and people supported him fully. I do understand that all of them had learnt a lesson from the war and agreed on it but still even now, I'm sure Leon can convince them somehow.

But me? I'm sure I'll only be scorned and hated more.

I went to the royal study to meet him but when I opened the door to see him, I found the room empty.
Hmm?

He's not here? Where could he be? Shouldn't he be doing all my work for me? Why would he leave during working hours?

...
Hehee, I sound like an asshole~
Damn...

I turned to leave.
But I sure hope he keeps doing my work for me! If not, I'm doomed!

As I walked in the corridor I passed by a pair of maids and stopped them to ask if they had seen Leonidas, they got scared and immediately told me they had seen him go outside towards the marble staircase that led to the garden.

I thanked them and went on my way while they stood in their place looking all confused but I paid them no heed.

***

The marble staircase was wide and long to make it appear spacious and big. It led directly to the paths that walked around the garden. On the railings of the staircase were vines with white roses that complemented the white marble the stairs were made of.

I stood at the top and saw Leon sitting at the bottom step thinking about something. He was lost in thought as he stared into space.

I smiled when I looked at him. He does look like a flower. Someone really pretty, you just want to pluck him away. His features are so pretty, his charm is unique to him and well, his kind heart is what melts everyone.

I looked at the rose by my side and plucked it out, then began my journey to the bottom step.
Leonidas had his arms crossed on his knees and it looked like he was sulking and that exact thing reminded me of my real brother. Natsu used to sulk in the exact same manner.

I giggled as I descended but he heard me.

"Sorin?" He looked at me and I waved my hand at him.

"Having a bad day?" I asked as I reached him, "Is something bothering you?' I sat down next to him.

"No," He moved away a little. He tried to do it subtly but I noticed and moved in closer again. I don't know why I did it, for some reason, it just annoyed me that he moved away from me.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"Just," He moved away again, "Feeling a little tired."

I moved in closer to him again, "Why are you running away from me?" I said it out directly and that caught him off guard.

"I-I'm not," He wasn't looking into my eyes and was about to move away again when I grabbed his arm.

He froze and just as he shot his head towards me to say something I placed the flower I just plucked behind his ear.

I then giggled, "It's pretty," He looked back at me utterly bewildered. I smiled at him softly, "Why? You don't like flowers?"

...
He just kept staring at me, mystified. He would open his mouth only to shut it again and it took him some time to say what he really needed to say.