Fight

>>Leroy

I ran out of the palace grounds, my mind so messed up in concern I didn’t even think about getting a horse to get to the red light district faster.
I just ran like my life depended on it.

I was actually scared. I knew something must have gone wrong. A prostituion house is a place demons like us can never stay hidden, especially when there’s so much enticement there.

God!
Anything can go wrong!

Demons are not welcomed in human nations just like humans aren’t welcomed in demon kingdoms! If she gets found out, anyone can try to kill her!
Her identity might get exposed too!!

God!!
I should have gone with her! I’ve never left her alone before, I shouldn’t have done it now either!!

The night was dark, there was no moon to illuminate the dark pathways, just the stars sparkling in the sky with no wind and the sound of crickets everywhere.

I was just about to exit the driveway for carriages from where the noble’s houses and land started when I saw someone.

I slowed down as the person approached my direction slowly, swaying from side to side as if he was drunk.

But I stopped as I kept my eyes on him because he was carrying someone in his arms. At first I couldn’t tell what it was but as he got close to me, I noticed there was a person in his arms, wrapped tightly in layers of a bedsheet.

“Your highness…” I recognized the pale horrified face as he came into proper view. He looked like something unpleasant had happened to him and because I had a clue what might have happened, I couldn’t bring myself to say anything to him as he approached me.

We stood in front and he stared at me for a few seconds. I couldn’t bring myself to say anything.
The night was so quiet, it was starting to mess with me when Leonidas spoke.

“You knew?” He asked very softly and I knew immediately what he was saying.

I nodded and he didn’t say anything afterwards. He just silently handed Sorin over me with wide hazy eyes and then went on his way towards the palace.

My heart was pounding in my chest.
I didn’t have the courage to ask anything and all I could do was look down at my half sister while she slept soundly.
Her small horns were visible from this proximity and I knew, whatever went on between these two was not good but I also knew Leonidas must have handled the situation enough that Sorin didn’t expose herself to everyone.

I sighed in defeat and then hugged Sorin.

My thoughts had calmed down a little now that she was with me again but the feeling of dread had yet to do that.
She was my only family and if I lost her too, there would be nothing left of me.

***

>>Sorin

I woke up to a stinging feeling in my arm and shot my eyes open.
As my eyes adjusted I saw someone familiar taking the syringe of an injection out of my arm.

“Leroy?” My vision was slowly clearing up slowly.

“...” I saw him wrap up his stuff but he didn’t answer me so I sat up and blinked a few times to get a better look.

“Leroy?” I called his name again but he didn’t look at me. He placed the medical equipment in the box and stood up to leave when I caught his arm. I did it without thinking but it was also because I felt something was wrong.

He still didn’t look at me but stayed in his place while I held his wrist. At the same time, memories from last night came to me but along with it was a sense of familiarity.