Intentions

>>Sorin

After Enri was gone, Leroy moved to release Kaan too and then came and stood by my side again.
I honestly thought we were done for. We had to entrap Kaan again for this and I thought he’d be really angry but as he rubbed his wrists he looked rather relaxed.

“I’m sorry Kaan,” I said, “This was necessary.” I didn’t want any more bad blood between us. We were already walking on eggshells.

He stood up from his seat and looked at me with a cold gaze, “Isn’t the Maximilian family blessed with sons as first born?” He stood tall as he asked this question and I looked down in shame.

“Yes…” Indeed the royal family has this blessing and that is exactly why I was raised as a prince. My mother was saving her own skin.

“I see,” He nodded, “You both harbor a lot of secrets.” His words made my heart jump in fear. I know he discovered my other secret too, he’s sharp. I finally get why he tasted my blood and well, he probably got the idea from when I healed him too.

“I hope you didn’t take this to heart, your highness.” Leroy said.

“And if I have?” Kaan’s voice was calm.

“I’m sorry,” Leory bowed his head to him and I felt so bad. He has to do this because of me! This is how he was, he never let his pride come between his feelings of protectiveness for Sorin. I bit my lower lip and bowed my head too.

“I’m really sorry kaan. Please understand.”

Sorin turned his head to look at me. He was surprised at my actions but didn’t mind them. He smiled and then we both straightened up.

“I have your room ready for you and we’ll introduce you to the palace at Sorin’s party.” Leroy said, “I hope we're forgiven.”

Kaan didn’t reply at first. He was weighing his options. I don’t know what he’s thinking. He hasn’t done anything dangerous so far and I hope it stays that way but it’s not like he can just forget about what was done to him.

I was scared.
I really had no idea how to plan things out to make thing move in a better direction.

“Alright.” He complied quite willingly and to be honest, him being so accommodating was making me nervous, “But I want my kind here. Especially my closest aides.”

Shit. There it is. That’s the danger zone.
Of course he would want that.

I bit my lips, but if any of his men find out what happened to him, we’re all doomed.
I have to talk to him about peaceful negotiations before that!

***

>>Leonidas

“Oh my God!!” Enri stood there happily, “My head didn’t burst!” He looked so relieved that he didn’t die that he overlooked something, “Oh God! They were lying!” He looked at me, “We need to tell this to everyone!”

“...” I pursed my lips together as I struggled to tell him that I already knew.

“Leon?” He looked at me in confusion, “What’s wrong?” Then something clicked in his mind, “You don’t look surprised.” He paused and stared at me with suspicion, “You knew?” he said softly.

I nodded, “I just recently discovered it.”

He stepped back as he grabbed his neck to rub in frustration, “Why haven’t you done anything then?” His happiness turned into confusion and aggression.

“What am I supposed to do?” I asked.

“She’s taken your rightful place!” He said, “Expose her.”