Final Orders

>>Sorin

I watched from the roof of the palace, some happy people. In the morning I saw Leonidas hang around Sonomi in the rose garden. Since she’s the envoy’s daughter, he had to entertain her but it looked like he was having fun too.

Understandable.

After all,  Sonomi herself is such a pure aura person, Everyone gets comfortable with her.

I looked at the distant sky and let the soft breeze brush by me.

Then I looked down again only to find another happy couple in another place. Kaan and Leysa walked on the paths outside the garden, making their way around the bush maze. They seemed really close but I guess that’s a given.

They’re childhood friends.

I took a deep breath as the Oracle’s words roamed around in my mind.

I don’t belong on this throne where I sit like I own it.
I right my wrongs.But I’m still uneasy. I feel guilty.  Probably because I’m still a liar. I’m deceiving the whole kingdom simply by being the king.

These echoes of the people from the future have eased now but these hateful gazes from the people of the present, those doubtful talks from the past will never leave me.

So, I guess it’s time to abandon myself now.
It’s time to let everything go.

***

Leonidas was the star of the party and like anyone would expect, he was the center of attention too.  People congratulated him like he was their own son.

I stood in between the crowd to blend in and not be easy to find but still every now and then cold gazes were directed at me. I believe many of them were because Leonidas got the demon’s their freedom and still wasn’t king yet.

I mean relax people. He turned eighteen today. He’ll get what he deserves!
Sheesh!
I had a glass of champagne. I was drinking slowly because this time I did not want to get drunk. I’ve already been puking enough as it is, I can’t afford to actually get sick.

I took a deep breath to keep myself calm and for some reason, I was actually succeeding in it. I was feeling a little better for some reason.

Perhaps, it was because I had finally started to accept reality.

“Your Highness,” Someone called me, an unfamiliar voice that made me turn and look at the person.

It was a tall young woman with pitch black hair and goat-like eyes.
Ah!
I immediately knew who it was but she still introduced herself, “My name is Leysa, your royal highness.” She gave me a small bow and I gripped my glass tighter as I passed her a smile.

“Yes, Leysa?” I definitely did not want to see her face this close to me.

“I’m sorry to intrude and everything-”

“It’s fine,” I cut her words, “Is there something you want from me?” I wanted her to get to the point so I could get away from her.

Just like how I didn’t want to be near Sonomi, I didn’t want to be near Leysa either. This might be childish of me. But whenever I see them I’m reminded of what a clown I am to have feelings for men who already have destined partners.

“Um, right.” Leysa seemed to have sensed the malice in my voice, “Kaan is refusing to leave.” She said.

“Kaan?” I raised my eyebrow at her and she panicked.

“I mean King Kaan,” She corrected herself and I scoffed internally. Of course she calls him by his name.

“Proceed,” I told her.