Possible Date?

>>Sorin

The scene above the night market and the red light district was way more mesmerizing than anything else. The place shone!

There were so many lights with a small variety of mixed color lighting that looked like tiny orbs from above.

It was beautiful.
Mixed with the pleasant weather and the sweet ambiance, it was something that made me relax just by looking at it.

“Let’s go down,” Kaan said and we landed in a dark alley to avoid any unwanted suspicion. After Kaan withdrew his wings back in, he used some of the invisibility magic on his horns. Then we made our way to the night market. The night market is just outside the red light district, thus the reason why it opens at night while the rest of the city sleeps.

We walked in the streets that had a few people roaming in it, but it was better that way. The night markets get busier as the night progresses and closes completely before dawn.
There wasn’t much danger to us here, it’s not like anyone knows I’m the king or anything. Although, there is a possibility that my clothes might give it away that I’m from a rich family.

Good thing I wasn’t wearing my cloak, that would have been troublesome.
As we walked, I felt Kaan’s hand slip into mine, making me gasp a little but I didn’t look at him. His action sent my mind into a frenzy, making my heart race.
He held my hand and then came up with an excuse, “Just so that we don’t stray apart.”

“Mmmm,” I nodded at his words, “Right,” But I couldn’t look at him because I felt shy. I had never been in a relationship before.

All my life back home, I was single but it was more out of choice. I loved what I had there, even though I never really found romantic love there.

I pursed my lips.
But what about here? Will it be possible? I glanced at Kaan but couldn’t look at him for long and looked away again.

I noticed a crepe stall and suddenly had a sweet craving, “You want something sweet?” I asked Kaan.

“Sure,” He replied and we walked over to the stall and had crepes.

Just a simple action but it almost feels like a date.
I glanced at Kaan again.

Just what is going through his mind. Does he consider this something like a date?

After that we walked around the place, enjoying little things, looking at stalls. Occasionally coming across someone drunk and wasted.

We didn’t make our way into the red light district because of our demon nature and just enjoyed the simple things outside.

We got to a bird store where there were a bunch of messenger birds. These were especially bought by men and given to their favorite courtesans just so that they could keep in touch with them.

The amazing part was how many amazing and different kinds there were in there.

There were several ornament and jewelry stores there too. And I can’t lie, they were very pretty things there. I couldn’t stop myself from checking them out.

The jewels, the colors, the refinement, everything was just so pretty, I couldn’t help but check some things out. Out of everything, a long silver hairpin with jades on it stood out a lot. A pretty silver thin chair hung from it too, making it all the more appealing.

“Would you like one?” Kaan asked and I looked at him but before I could say anything the shop owner spoke.

“Are you gentlemen looking for something for your lovers?” His words wiped the smile off of my face immediately. It brought me back to reality. A harsh reality I had momentarily forgotten.