The Oracle

>>Sorin

My relationship with Leroy, Leon, Enri and Kaan continued very smoothly and I feel like I’ve gotten closer to everyone but at the same time, there’s something bothering me a lot.

Things keep happening around me. Dangerous things and every time it happens, I feel like something snaps in me but then goes back to normal. I feel like I'm missing something on purpose.

There’s a constant ominous feeling around me and it’s especially high today. Like ridiculously high.

I sat in the throne room, I wasn’t taking any visitors today but the usual maids and guards were in their positions. Enri stood by my side too, nowadays he refuses to leave and guards me diligently even in the palace.

I, on the other hand, kept getting more anxious as the time passed. It felt like something was coming for me and I couldn’t get rid of the foreboding feeling.

All of the sudden, the tall entrance door opened, making me snap back to reality as the guard came running in, “Your Majesty,” He kneeled and gave me a short bow, “The Oracle is here to see you.”

“The Oracle?” I was not expecting someone like the Oracle to be here. And to see me? Why?
The Oracle is the highest holy rank. Getting an audience with an Oracle is very difficult even for the royal family. And she’s here to see me? All of the sudden? Why?

My heart started racing.
There was something, I gulped, I was getting a weird feeling but I knew I couldn’t turn someone of her status away.

“Send her in,” I said and the guard nodded, stood up and marched out to get the Oracle.

I looked at Enri in concern and he stared back at me with a similar expression, “Why is the Oracle here?” He asked.

I shook my head slowly, I was still in shock, “I don’t know…” I looked at the door, “I didn’t summon her.”

“That’s weird.” He replied and I looked back at him, “There was no announcement of her coming here either.” I nodded and the door opened again making us both look at the tall lean woman making her way in.

Her white clothes with gold corner laces showed how well off these religious people were. Her long blonde hair and pale skin complimented her whole look but what really stood out about her, was the white lace that covered her eyes.

They say, all Oracles are blind, it allows them to see the world as it truly is. They look into souls, they see what’s inside, they know you for who you really are.

She walked on the red carpet line that started from the door, continued straight on the floor and then ascended with the stairs, all the way up till my throne.

Her long white staff with three interjecting gold rings on the top made a small sound each time it came in contact with the ground.

Every person remained quiet while she made her way to the middle of the room and then looked up at me as if she could see me and smiled,  “I was called here by your aide. He was worried about you.” She smiled, “Except he shouldn’t be, your here because of your own will.”

“Yes?” I was a little taken aback, “By Leroy?”

“Yes,” Her grin remained, “He was worried about you constantly having nightmares and losing focus.” But the thing about her smile was- “He thinks that’s why you’ve ended up in dangerous situations.-that it seemed like it was mocking me.

Her way of talking sort of annoyed me even though her voice was super sweet.

“So, you’re telling me, it’s not my nightmares?”