Regret

>>Sorin

The balcony on the second floor of the ballroom was much quieter. Normally, no person goes to the second floor to begin with since it’s just an inside terrace with a good view to look down at, along with balconies on either end.

I stood against the railing as I took deep breaths and then stared at the night sky. Although people were enjoying their time and I could still hear distant chattering, the night was very lonely for me.

There was only one thing on my mind was my family. People who loved a failure like me. Mine was a proper family.

This place, on the other hand, is so cold.

It’s full of enemies I didn’t even make. People who hate me for just existing now. I understand the origin though, Sorin was rude to everyone because she wanted to maintain her distance but it wasn’t like she killed anyone. Her abuse of power has only gone as far as slapping someone or pushing them away.

And no one likes a rude person but the sort of hate Sorin gets is quite something. I understand why she doesn’t get any affection but this much hate?

Just my luck I guess…This is a place full of hate that’s specially directed towards me.

I slowly drank my drink as the effect of the previous ones began to hit my head.

Damn…

I miss dad so much!
I remember when he caught me and Natsu sneaking out his wine once but instead of getting mad, he joined us on the roof and we three had a secret drinking party while mom slept.

I remember we were initially stealing that wine because I failed a test and couldn’t stop thinking about it. I was so upset that Natsu proposed we just drink and drown the sorrows away.

Getting caught by dad was the worst thing that could have happened at that moment.
Or so I thought.
In reality, it was the best one.

He drank with us and I ended up telling him how bad I performed but he wasn’t mad at all. He just bucked me up. That’s what family is, they taught me that.

And I love them so much! And I miss them so much! My heart aches whenever I think about them but I constantly think about them. This place will always make me think about the love I had with them.

I want to go back so bad! So bad that if I somehow find a way, I would jump to my death for it.

I don’t like this place.
I have to suffer because someone else made a living hell for themself and died.

Why did I have to take Sorin’s place?

“Damnit!” I stared at the stars, “This is so unfair…”

“Sorin?” I didn’t have to turn to tell Enri had followed me here.

“What?” I replied looking into the night.

“You seem a little out of it?” There was a slight concern in his voice.

“A little?” I scoffed, then calmed down, “It’s fine.” I didn’t want to say anything to him. He’s Leonidas’s loyal dog too.

I drank my drink in one go but it went straight to my head making me dizzy. I almost fell over the railing when he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

“That’s it.” He took the glass from me but sadly for him he didn’t see the extra one I put in the corner of the balcony. “I’ll get the waiter for you.”  He said, “You need some water right now to sober up.” He said and left the balcony but as soon as he was gone, I heard another person.