conflict

>>Sorin

There is something I’m constantly wondering about now.
.
I wonder who my father was. Will I be able to find out if I ask around? My father would most likely be a demon slave that was kept here in the palace. Although there are none here right now since Cedric loathed them for some reason but there should have been one around the time I was born.

Right?

Who can I ask though? Was there a list of slaves to keep records? I guess I can start from there.
I nodded to myself and then waited for Leroy to come to my room but when he finally did I continued to constantly stare at him while he worked.

My stare was very obvious and it was making him uncomfortable so when he was cleaning the dressing table of my room he finally gave up, threw the cleaning rag on the table, turned around as he folded his arms and looked at me

“What is it?” He asked and I pursed my lips.

“There’s something I’m curious about.” I gave him my puppy eyes.

“What?”

“My father,” I said and he flinched. He was taken aback by my words.

“Your… father?” He seemed a little unnerved, “What about him?” Maybe even a little nervous.

I licked my lips to lubricate them a little, “I want to know who he was, what kind of demon he was and everything!”

“...” Leroy seemed a little worried, “I never thought you’d ask about that…” His arms softly and slowly unfolded, “You never never curious about this before.” He wasn’t meeting my eyes directly.

“Um,” I cleared my throat, “I didn’t really know all along that I was one.”

There was a small pause of silence between us.

He then nodded his head slowly in suspicion, “Right,” He narrowed his eyes, “You never did know, shortly after your birth all the demon slaves were moved out of the palace too.” He was very suspicious of me, “So, how did you find out you're a demon?”

Ohhhhhh! Shit!
I’ve landed myself in a mine!

I can't tell him I know because this is a novel and it was in a secret character introduction!!!

I cleared my throat, “Well,” I fried my brain immediately to think of an answer, “You know it’s-” I darted my eyes around looking for an excuse or anything at all and that’s when my eyes landed on the black flower, “Because of that flower!”

Aha!
I got it

“That flower?” I pointed at the black demon flower in the vase and he looked at it.

“It’s when kaan said that the flower had absolutely no effect on humans but an enough amount of it can kill a demon.” I brought my finger down and Leroy looked back at me, “But for me, it only changes my voice.”

“Ah…” He nodded, “So that’s how you got it.” He looked down at the floor and then kept thinking about something.

Saved!!

“Yea,” I nodded as well, “And so, can you look into it?”

Leroy had a frown on his face and he didn’t look back at me. It was a bit odd so I called his name again, “Leroy?”

He raised his head to finally look back at me, “Why do you want to know? He’s probably dead for all we know.”

What’s this?
There’s something odd here.

“I’m just curious.” I walked up to him, “Hey, are you okay?” I stopped right in front of him.

“Yeah!” He forced a smile on, “Yea, I’m fine.” He nodded, “I’ll look into it.” He then started walking towards the door, even forgetting about the cleaning rag.