memories

>>Sorin

You think you can run away?
How far?
How far do you think you can do from what you’ve caused?

Forget about it all?
As if it’s that easy. You can try and deny it again and again and again. Pretend it was never you. Blame it on someone else.

But, in the end it’ll come back to you.
No matter what you do, it’ll pierce you again.

Because,
It was all your fault

***

I woke up from a strange dream. I didn’t remember much from it, actually I didn’t remember anything from it. I think someone was telling me something. I vaguely remember a woman with blonde shiny hair, dressed in all white, her eyes were covered too while she said something to me.

I shook my head.
I have no idea what though.

“You okay?” I heard Leroy and looked at him while he was opening the curtains, making me flinch and close my eyes because of the sudden entrance of bright light.
He probably came in while I was still asleep.

“Yea,” I nodded, “I want to take a bath.” For some reason, I felt very dirty.

“Alright,” He answered and began to prepare for it.

Leroy drew me a bath and like usual, he shampooed my hair. He also scrubs my neck, arms, hand,legs and feet, then leaves after which I do the rest myself.

Although many nobles don’t mind having all of them cleaned by an attendant of the opposote sex. There has been a boundary between me and Leroy and I quite like that. He’s like a decent mannered friend and we both cheresh that fact.

He’s very caring, and he cares for me like family and in this cold place, that means a lot to me.

I submerged myself lower in the bathtub, just barely keeping my nose above the water to breathe as I thought about some things.

Since I’ve woken up I’m sort of feeling really alone. I’m missing my family a lot today.
I wonder….
How much did my parents cry when they found out I died? I was their only daughter and we all were quite attached to each other.

I felt my chest tighten.

I wonder how devastated Natsu must have been, knowing his best friend is gone forever.
I felt my eyes sting a little.

My family…
My mom, who would wake me up in the morning with threats and then present me with the best breakfast.

My dad who quietly read his newspaper whenever there was a fight or yelling in the house, especially when mom was scolding me and Natsu. He would spare us a glance and nod his head to say he was fine with whatever we were doing. It would instantly make everything better.

And Natsu, the biggest support of my life. When we were kids, we fought like dogs but as we grew up we got so attached to each other, we wouldn’t go to any event without each other.

A tear slipped down my cheek, into the bathtub, disappearing into the countless liquid drops that made that bath water.

I wonder.
Did mom make food for me again? Forgetting I’m no longer there?

Does dad still call my name when he’s looking for the remote?

Did Natsu accidentally buy concert tickets for me, forgetting I won’t be able to attend anymore now?

They must be missing me everyday…
My chest hurt but at the same time it felt so hollow. In the silent bathroom where everything stood unnaturally still, I got really emotional thinking about the people, the only people I could really call mine.