Again and Again

>>Enri

Usually when the royals are in the palace, the guards are more at ease because there is less likely to be any attack or an assasination attempt, not zero, but still, it’s way better than guarding them outside the palace walls and the same goes for me. I’m currently guarding Sorin but recently there’s something weird going on.

Everything was fine in the beginning but suddenly there’s been weird happenings happening around Sorin.

I started feeling something ominous around her. Like something was there who wanted to hurt her.

Like anyone else, my first thoughts were that maybe someone was planning to harm her. But as time is passing, it’s starting to look very odd.

Leon had already told me about what happened at the stairs and how Sorin could have died.

And Just two days ago she was about to eat when the chef came running to us begging her to stop. Sorin even had the food in her mouth when the chef burst open into the dining hall and got onto his knees begging her to spit out the food.

Apparently a lizard fell into the food when no one was looking.

It’s funny though, Sorin actually spit the food out, not because it was poisonous but because of the lizard. That was quite an expression she made there too. Her face scrunched up in disgust as her mouth slowly opened and all was on her tongue slid down back onto the plate.

Well, a full investigation was done and apparently, it really was an accident. People, though, are more of an edge because everyone believes Sorin might snap anytime.

I don’t know if she will or not because she seems like a completely different person than before. Normally she would have lost it at that food incident, that’s what anyone would expect, but she let it go. It came as a relief to all the staff but also as a threat.

Yesterday though, in the evening we went out to inspect the workers in the garden and on our way back she tripped over the water hose and almost hit her head on the decoration rocks.

It’s a good thing I was with her, I was able to grab her just in time but she did end up with a very un-noticeable scratch. It was at that point I realized that those rocks were actually very sharp and definitely not child friendly.

Today we’re out hunting, it’s a rich people sport in which many rich people are forced to participate in. Our prime example here is Sorin. She’s our king but had zero interest in going to such an event and yet here we are. She has to join because she’s a royal and there always has to be one at these events. Leonidas could have been here but since he’s handling the state affairs, Sorin had no other choice.

“This sucks.” Sorin rode the horse with her rifle on her back.

“Your majesty, language.” I was on another horse a few steps behind her. I have to mind my manners too because we’re out in public.

“Argghh!!” She let out a groan and rolled her eyes, “It’s just the two of us here.” She pouted as she looked back at me, “Why am I here?” She was acting like a child but it sure did make her look cute.

“You didn’t have to be here if you actually did your job as a king.” I replied and she pursed her lips to shut up but pouted them again in annoyance.

“I can’t argue with that.” She looked straight ahead, “But this event is only gonna damage my reputation as king more.” She sighed.

“Well,” I agreed, “You don’t know shit about hunting.” I did say I had to mind my manners in public but like she said, it’s just the two of us here.