A song for my beloved

>>Elayne

I stood in front of the mirror and took some deep breaths. I had to go down for a small performance in a while so I dressed up a little and had some natural light makeup on.The rest of my charm was taken care of since I was now naturally alluring.

I live in a room of a restaurant I often sing at. Sometimes I help around the kitchen too if they're understaffed.

I brushed my hair and took another deep breath but nothing was really helping my aching heart.

It's been weeks since I last saw Kaan, broke his heart and ran away, WEEKS! Yet, here I am, still hurting. My heart aches all the time and is filled with thoughts about him.

Every single day I wake up and feel miserable. Every morning the first thing that goes through my mind is that I should be waking up next to him. My whole body screams for him. As a succubus I should be able to sleep with any person and forget myself in pleasure but the thought of anyone else but Kaan touching me makes me feel nauseous.

It's like there can never be anyone else but him. Only him.

My heart hurts as if something's clawing at it.

I looked at myself in the mirror. All dolled up but for strangers.

I gulped and clasped my hands over my aching chest. Then I glanced out the window at the setting sun.

Everynight I want to run away, run into his arms. Melt into his embrace. Lose myself in his kisses. Not a day goes by where I don't think about things being different. How only if I wasn't Sorin, none of this would be as cruel as it is.

I sighed feebly and looked down at myself.

If only...

There was a knock on the door, "Elayne! I'm here to pick Rion." I looked at the door and smiled. A friend of mine, Tia, comes to pick Rion up when I have to go to work.

I walked to the door and glanced at Rion looking out the window, still ignoring me like he had been ever since we came back to Rugen.

I opened the door and let Tia in. She happily skipped to the baby and picked him up. It shows that Rion is only mad at me. He goes to everyone else but the moment it's time to come to me, he turns his head away and ignores me.

Initially I thought it would last for two or three days but it's been weeks and he still hasn't forgotten.

I guess he's really angry...

I watched Tia take him away and sighed. Having your only blood and flesh ignore you like this is another kind of pain.

I held the door knob tightly as I felt my chest tightened. My head had started to throb again and I felt like crying.

Living has become another name of misery for me and with Rion ignoring me like this too, it's only getting harder...

I hope this all stops soon

***

I stood on the small stage made at the front most part of the restaurant and turned on my magic mike. People were busy chatting among themselves while I prepared for my job. I cleared my throat and let out a deep breath.

I haven't been able to talk about my feelings with anyone, so I decided to sing something different today.

"Today," I started and the people quieted down, "I'm going to sing for a certain someone." I smiled at the audience and the restaurant lights went out as the spotlight on me went on, "It's a song for a man I fell in love with."

"Ooooooooh," There was a gentle wooing sound that came from the audience, "You go Girl!"

There were a few compliments but all pretty light and sweet.

I smiled as the place went quiet and I started singing.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in~

But I can't help falling in love with you"

It was a song I heard in the modern world where I lived the best days of my life. Free from the agonies I go through here. From the moment I was born here, to this very moment, everything I've done has only brought me pain in the end.

"Oh, shall I stay? Would it be a sin?

Oh, if I can't help falling in love with you"

It was as if this song was made for the love story I had in my life. Wanting to stay with the man I adore so much is equal to sinning. Wanting to stay by his side is harmful to all of us. Especially myself yet I can't stop myself.

"Oh, like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be~"

I've left him twice now, yet I can't stop myself from wanting him. I want him so much, soo much, at times I feel like I can't breathe.

"Take my hand, take my whole life, too

Oh, for I can't help falling in love with you~"

These are my feelings. I wish to say these words to him. I wish to give all myself to him. I want to feel his skin next to mine. Be in his embrace once again. Feel his heartbeat through my body.

I closed my eyes as I sang and poured out my feelings.

"Woah, like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be

Oh, take my hand, take my whole life, too"

My voice began to crack at the end.

"For I can't help falling in love with you

Woah, for I can't help falling in love with you~"

I took a deep shaky breath at the end when the spotlight on me dimmed and the restaurant's lights lit up.

People cheered for me but it took a while to open my eyes and smile at them but in reality I felt like crying.

"Elayne!! Who was this song for!!?" Some customers asked as others continued to cheer.

"Yea! You never named the guy!!"

I chuckled at them, "It's a secret."

That's right.

A secret I probably will have to take to my grave.

***

I hummed the song I sang in my mouth as I was getting ready to leave. The restaurant was closing down and the staff was cleaning up when I decided to leave. All the people had left, all but one.

One person in a dark gray hooded cloak sat at the farthest tabel at the end of the restaurant near the exit. I hadn't noticed him at all before but now that he was the only one left he just came into view. Especially because he was next to the exit.

I didn't pay him much heed though and began to leave like I usually do as I wasn't really expecting anything. Whoever it was seemed like he preferred to stay out of the spotlight. It was when I crossed his table he suddenly decided to speak up.

"Was the song meant for me?"

I froze as soon as I heard him. My heart violently jumped and then began to pound as my eyes went wide

I could recognize that voice anywhere. I can immediately tell who it belongs to even without seeing the visual.

My heartbeat drummed in my ears.

I slowly turned my head towards the man who took off his cloak and smiled at me.

"You're a beautiful singer," He complimented me then stood up to walk to me.

I felt like someone stole my breath away as I stared at him, "Kaan..." How is this possible? Am I hallucinating?! He can't enter this island! So how....?

He walked up to me and stopped right in front of me.

"Hello Elayne."