Volume 2 - Finding her

>>Kaan ( A few months later)

"You still can't find her?" I stared at my knights in disbelief while I sat on my throne, in the throne room.

"Your majesty." Leysa was the captain of one of our best platoons, "Finding that island alone was too difficult." She was speaking on behalf of all the soldiers, "That island, Rugen, almost no one knew it even existed."

"I know," I frowned as I put my hand over my eyes, "But the only place she could be. We've searched everywhere else." I massaged my temples.

That's right. I had the whole demon kingdom searched. Leonidas had the Human empire searched and Enri was sent to look among the elves but she was nowhere to be found.

The only lead we got was about an island that only has halves or mix breeds living there. Rugen, the name of the island but barely anyone knew anything about it.

It took us a lot of time just to find out where it was but we can't get inside. They don't allow anyone else other than mixed breeds in. It's a safe haven for all the mixed races but exactly because of that we haven't found a trace of her.

"Your majesty, we can't get in." Leysa said, "Plus, there's little we can do when we don't even have a name."

I can't provide them with a name. The names royal families possess can't be used by any other people and I know Sorin is smart enough to change her name because she didn't want anyone to find her. No person in their right mind would keep the name they had as a royal.

"Knowing that she's a half succubus and half human should limit it down a lot." I looked at her again, "Mixed breeds are very rare."

"We got to the island." She took a deep breath, then looked at the other soldiers and gestured to them to leave. After they left and we both were the only ones in the throne room she dropped her formality.

"Kaan, why is finding that girl so important?" She asked me the question directly.

"It is for a reason." I replied, giving her the same answer I always do.

"No," This time she wasn't having it though, "Tell me why?" She stepped forward in anger, "We've been at it for months! And I've put up with your demand without question for far too long." She dropped her ax on the ground, "If you don't tell me why, then I'm calling off the search."

I glared at her, "Leysa, you have to understand, this is important."

"Why?!" She was frustrated, "Why is she important? Because you fancy her?"

"It's more than that!"

"Kaan, you can have any other person in the kingdom!" She took off her helmet, "You have options right in front of you!" She yelled at me, "Are you blind?!"

"Stop!" I stood up in anger but then immediately tried to calm myself, "Don't fight with me Leysa." I turned my head away, "I don't want to fight a dear friend."

She gritted her teeth, "Fine," She turned around and left the room in anger and I sat back down on the seat.

Shit...

I took a deep breath and looked outside the window. A storm was brewing. It was going to rain soon.

Hmm

I guess it's the perfect time to go for a walk. My head has started to throb too. Maybe I'll get something for it.

****

>>Elayne

I looked up at the sky, dark clouds were assembling and the cool wind had started to pack more strength.