Explanation

>>Elayne (Present)

"Kaan," I shook my head in denial but the fact didn't change. He was still there, "How...?" I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I didn't want to,

He smiled, "I'll only speak if this time, you'll listen to me from the start till the very end." He folded his arms. I blinked at him in confusion then suddenly came to the realization that the restaurant was closing and the staff was looking at me.

"Can we go outside?" I asked and he nodded softly. I turned around and walked ahead as I tried to process how this was possible. Rugen has a very strong defense system. The magical barriers around it would never allow a demon to pass through it, especially not a dragon! But it didn't take long for my brain to completely disregard how Kaan came in and began to be consumed by the fact that he was in and right in front of me.

My body started acting all weird again. Just like last time my heart and mind united in wanting to pounce on him and take him.

Shit! I shook my head! Now's not the time for that!

We stopped outside, near the stairs that led to my room. There I took a deep breath before turning around to prepare myself. Then I nodded to myself and turned to face Kaan ready to question him.

But, he didn't let me. He spoke before I even got the chance to say anything.

"I came to take you back with me." He laid his intentions bare in front of me, making my heart skip a beat and my mind go blank.

...

I was stunned but my heart and body were overjoyed. It took a lot of effort to contain myself and not jump into his arms because even if I wanted to be with him, it wasn't possible.

I looked down, away from him, "You already know that's not possible." I frowned as I answered him. My head started to hurt as soon as I gave him that answer and I broke my own feelings.

Kaan stepped closer to me, "Even if I say that I want you, " He placed his hand on my cheek and made me look at him softly, "Even if I say I want to be with you forever?" He looked into my eyes.

My chest hurt as my lips quivered. My feelings were so badly blending together that it gave off a weird sort of pain. I want to say yes right away but the fear of death was looming inside of me too.

"Kaan..." I frowned, "You and I aren't meant to be together..." It felt like I stabbed myself right where it hurt the most.

Like the sharpest of glass shards rained down on my heart.

Kaan kept his hand on my cheek and held my hand with his other hand, "Listen to me now," He started, "Till the end, okay?" I could see his clear purple eyes shine very brightly under the full moon.

Those pretty eyes of his were so sure of themselves that I nodded without a second thought.

He gave me a soft smile in return and then spoke, "Elayne,you're a succubus, they can't have kids unless they've bonded with someone."

My heart was pounding like I was mesmerized but his words puzzled me, "What?" I asked softly as a gentle breeze passed by us.

"And you had my child." He looked at me in disappointment, "It means you paired with me." He looked at me desperately, "I knew you didn't understand it all since you grew up human and I was going to explain it to you."

"Explain what?"

"A pairing is only formed when two demons consensually like each other. If two people have chemistry between them, they can become a pair." He took a deep soft breath, "This is why I searched for you so desperately! This is why I found out you weren't dead!"