Planning

>>Sorin

They both looked at me in horror

“I’m not into minors.” Enri stated bluntly as he gave me an eye and then his gaze away.

My cheeks flushed, “That’s not what I meant!!” I huffed as I realized that they got the wrong idea, “And I’m not a minor!”

“I-uh,” Leonidas was unsure about what to say, “I-uh I, am still a minor?” Enri ended up snorting at his comment but stopped his laughter in time.

“I’m telling you that’s not what I meant!!” I was so embarrassed that my fists were shaking.
Why did I say that!
I could have chosen my words better!

God!! My cheeks were burning.

“I need to investigate somebody God damnit!” I spoke so that they would stop being so awkward. Enri and Leonidas shared a look with each other after hearing my statement.

“Investigate somebody?” Leonidas asked, “Who?” He looked at me suspiciously, “And why?”

Enri folded his arms and they both stared at me. I cleared my throat.
I know they both are suspicious of me but good thing I thought of an excuse on my way here.

“I heard someone is going to leak Kaan’s location to the demons.” I look at both of them, “Someone is going to tell them, he’s being held prisoner in the castle.”

Leonidas and Enri both became a little anxious, they exchanged a glance and then Leon looked back at me, “And?” Enri asked. I think he already knows the answer but wants to hear it from me.

“The demons are looking for him and they will go nuts if they find out their Emperor is or has been imprisoned by humans.” I looked at both of them desperately, “I want to stop that.”

Enri and Leonidas shared another glance and then looked back at me, “How do you know this?” Leonidas asked.

“I have a source.” I told him but they both looked a little unsure, “A good one.”

“And how authentic is it?” The young prince asked.

“Enough that I’m willing to go through this myself.” I mean, I’m trusting my own memory here but this is very important! If the news leaks out, we’re done for!

“If you have the news that someone is going to leak the news to the demons,” Enri kept his arms folded, “Do you know who the person is?”

“Um,” I intertwined my hands next to my things, “I know it’s a nobleman.” I gulp and look down in shame, “But I don’t know who.” I can’t remember the name of the person. I can’t even remember if it was in the book or not! The segment where the news was leaked was like, three lines or something.

“That’s strange.” Leonidas brought his hand up to his mouth, “If you know it’s a nobleman and the news is going to be leaked at the brothel, why didn’t you get the name?”

I shook my head softly, “I-” I gulped, “I tried,” I said as I panicked a little, “B-but-” I stuttered, unsure as to what to say further, “There was a problem.” I ended up saying this in the end because no excuse was coming to mind.

Damn.
But well, there is a problem with my memory so it’s not a lie.

“What kind of problem?” Enri asked.

“Well…” I avoided looking at them, “There was one.” I said, “Let’s just drop it.”

Leonidas placed his thumb and index finger on his chin as he started thinking while Enri eyed me. He was looking at me suspiciously so I began to look at the ceiling.