Love and family

>>Elayne

The palace seems like it's in a frenzy. Kaan still hasn't come back and Rion is up now. He kept whining and I knew he was hungry. I breastfed him but he also needs a little bit of semi solid food now since he's almost a year old.

I picked him up in my arms and walked to the door. I was expecting there to be a barrier there but surprisingly, there wasn't one there.

It did shock me but then again Kaan told me to stay here and wait for him so I guess he removed the barriers since I agreed.

I smiled.

Doesn't he trust me a bit too much? It made me feel quite guilty really. He's such an amazing person. Any woman would be blessed to have him as a partner and here I am, who dearly wants him but can't have him.

I gulped as I thought about things. A lot of time has passed, can I really not be together with him?

I walked out of the room and looked around. There was no one guarding the room either which was yet again surprising. I thought he might have left someone but there was no sign of anyone. But then again, the demon kingdom has less people plotting against each other as compared to the human empire. People here live happier.

"Mama," Rion called out to me and I looked at him, "Wak!" He looked at me with glistening eyes and I just had to put him down so he could walk around the place.

For some reason, he was really excited. I guess it might be because the palace is overflowing with dragon energy. He probably feels at home here.

I followed Rion as he went walking around with his tiny legs. I had to carry him down the stairs but he began running as soon as we reached the ground floor again. Everything here seemed to fascinate him. He was ogling at everything with his eyes wide open but unfortunately I didn't know what most of these things were and each time he pointed at something I didn't have an answer for him.

I felt quite devastated at that, I'm going to get Kaan to hang out with us because Rion seems angry now. He's looking at me with puffed cheeks and disappointment!

We walked by the courtyard that had several exits and entrances and while Rion found the fountain in the middle of the open space very interesting and ran towards it, I couldn't follow him.

Why? I was going to but then I was pulled into a darker exit by someone and my mouth was blocked off by his hand.

"Shhh!" Someone whispered next to my ear before I could try anything, "Don't panic," It was a familiar voice, "It's just me, Allard."

!!!

Allard!!

I shot my head towards him and he removed his hands from me.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I was taken away by his majesty!" He whispered back, "I was in the basement cell!"

"What?" I frowned at him, "Why?" I actually understood right away and then sighed, "He wanted to ask you about Rugen and the ship, didn't he?" Allard helps operate the ships that come and go to Rugen.

He nodded, "He was quite furious..." He looked defeated, "I guess he's worried." He stared at me, "About you,"

!!!

"Ah- well..."

"Why leave him?" He was very curious, "Demon Lord Kaan is a great man."

"I know," I looked away, "I have my reasons..."

He sighed, "Well, I'm leaving from here, if you want to go back to Rugen, you know where to find me." He then stepped further back into the darkness and it clicked.