Hide the facts

>>Enri

I opened my eyes lazily and my blurry vision slowly adjusted to the environment.

“See, they're both strong enough that even though I hit them with my strongest magic they’re both up after a mere few minutes.” I heard Leroy’s voice straight ahead and looked up.

I shook my head to clear my thinking and it didn’t take me long to realize I was tied to a chair with anti magic chains.

“Are you sure they can’t get out of that?” This time it was Sorin’s voice.

“One hundred percent.” Leroy replied and I glared at them both after finding out they had me tied up because I found out Sorin’s secret. The demon king was tied to another chair besides me with a different kind of anti magic chains but he quietly sat on his seat with a blank expression.

Sorin had his- no wait- ‘her’ cloak around her as she and Leroy sat on the bottom of the bed and looked at us.

“Now,” Leroy folded his arms while Sorin sat right next to him, almost clinging to him, “You both found something you shouldn’t have.” He wasn’t really all that concerned but the look on Sorin’s face said otherwise.

I felt something wet on my forehead, “You are a woman” I said and noticed her leg was out of the cloak, and damn!! How come I never realized it before. That milky skinned smooth pretty leg could never belong to a man.
Ah! Right, no one’s seen her skin, she’s always covered.

Leroy noticed where I was staring and he didn’t spare a second before he covered her leg up, “Honestly, we can’t trust either of you.” He said, “Especially you.” He looked directly at me, “I know you won’t keep your mouth shut.”

“And so? What are you going to do?” I asked, “Kill me?” I can actually expect something like that from Sorin. I finally get why she hates people coming in close contact with her and she’s been violent to keep them away, so obviously she’ll kill someone who found out.

“We’re not killers, Sir Enri,” Leroy replied and Sorin nodded.

I scoffed, “Really now?”

“Well we haven’t killed anyone.” He replied, “You on the other hand.” He passed me a smirk, “Both of you are killers. Aren’t you?”

I gritted my teeth then glanced at the Demon King. He was now fully clothed, I guess he got a custom shirt made for him. Kaan spared me a quiet look and then looked back at our captors again.

“What do you plan to do then?” I asked, “You’re right, I won’t be keeping my mouth shut.” I shook my head as I glared at them both, “Not after learning something like this.”

Leroy smiled back at me, “No worries, it’s already been done.”

“What?” His relaxed demeanor was making me confused.

“Don’t you feel anything wet on your foreheads?” Just as he said those words it clickled to me that he had done something.

“What did you do!” I tried moving my hands as I felt whatever was on my forehead getting dried but the tying up job was done nicely. I couldn’t get out of it.

“Don’t worry,” He replied, “As long as you keep quiet nothing will happen.” He stood up from the bed and Sorin followed his action, “But even if you try to tell someone about our secret, your brain will explode before you’re able to do it.” My eyes went wide at his explanation.

There’s magic like that too?
He isn’t lying is he? Is he?

“That’s a very high grade magic.” The ‘great’ Demon King finally decided to say something, “It’s something a handful of people are capable of.” I looked at him and he was very keenly observing them both, “You both,” He was looking at them suspiciously, “You both have d-”

“WELL,” Leory spoke out aloud, clearly cutting off Kaan’s words, “You’re both quite strong too. Can’t take any chances here.” He smiled, “The magic is almost dissolved in you both, I’ll let you go now.” He began to walk towards us, “Be good now and keep your tongues sealed.”

I get it.
I get how Sorin made it this far even though she only has one person by her side. Leroy is extra attentive to her and look at the lengths he’s gone to keep her safe.
He’s an exceptional talent, too bad he’s on her side.

I felt whatever was put on me get absorbed in my brain as Leroy opened my chains up. I honestly wouldn’t have believed him if Kaan didn’t say anything about this sort of magic.

I was released from confinement and stood up immediately. Choosing not to say anything I simply left the room in anger.
No one followed me out and I didn’t detect any intention of it either.

Perfect.

I’m not going to keep my mouth shut. I don’t care if I die, people need to know about this. Especially Leon!
***

It took me a while to find His Highness Leonidas, he was taking a walk in the quieter part of the palace when I grabbed him a little roughly.

“I have to tell you something!”

He was surprised at my actions, “Yes?” He looked at me and got a little worried, “Enri, what is it? You look a little pale.” He said after observing my face.

I was worried about the spell that was forcefully bound on me and I was worried sick about it. I didn’t want to die, especially not by having my brain blown out but Leon deserves to know, “Leon,” I gulped, “It’s about Sorin.” His expressions immediately changed, “I found something about her-” He didn’t let me say anything further and grabbed both my arms as his eyes went wide.

“Come with me.” He pulled me along to the most isolated part of the palace. It was the place where Sorin’s mother, the previous Queen used to live when she was alive, but now after her death the place has pretty much become abandoned. The maids only come here to clean once in a while.

We stopped in a small dead end corridor and he let go of me, “What is it?” He asked, “What did you find out?”

I could hear my heart drumming like crazy as beads of sweat formed on the back of my neck

I gulped, “Before that,” I decided to tell him out the spell, “They put some destructive spell on me too so that I wouldn’t be able to say anything but you deserve to know.”

“What?” He didn’t quite catch that part, “What are you saying?”

“Listen,” My heart began to pound as I mustered up the courage to speak, “Sorin has been lying to everyone along with that attendant Leroy! They’ve both been hiding a grave secret.”

Leonidas looked at me with concern, “Enri-”

I didn’t let him speak, I wanted to let it out before the fear got the best of me, “Sorin is a woman.”

I let out the words as I felt my heart stop.