Getting things straight

Sorin (Present timeline)

I remembered it all.
My first life.

I remembered my nightmares. It's a constant loop of people cursing me as they burn to death or get killed with magic and weapons. Their voices haunt me every night, the cries of little children, the screams of women, it's all on repeat but I always forget about it all in the morning.

I remembered the nightmares I had in the beginning where I was killed, where I was assaulted. I saw everything so vividly yet refused to believe it was happening to me.

It was my brain's way of saving me. I pretended it wasn't me. I pinned the blame on someone called Sorin and refused to believe she was me all along.
It was easier that way. That way, the guilt wouldn't eat me up. That way, I didn't feel like a criminal.

But I guess it was inevitable to avoid it all.

I smiled sarcastically at myself. A novel? The story was in my head in the form of a novel because I was protecting myself.

"I gave you that poison you drank that night before your father's funeral." The Oracle confessed but I already knew. I just looked back at her with empty eyes now, "It was a potion to bring your soul back from the other world, back to its original body."

I already know...

The time my soul was there, everything repeated in the same exact manner here as in the original timeline. To begin with, the timeline only changes for me and the Oracle. We're the only ones who know after all. I was called back right before the disaster happened and changed it.

"So it took you a lot of time to send my soul to Earth," I said, "I was still in this world till the time that happened, wasn't I?"

She smiled, "I see you're smarter now that you're no longer denying things." She giggled, "Yes, you were here for the whole year of the war, till the time the two kings came to a realization that more war will only mean more death and so they formed a peace treaty."

"And they married their lovers and began to rebuild." It felt so foreign, "And people called them 'True Kings' for putting everything aside and throwing away the hate for a better future..."

"Yes..." She replied, "But I sent your soul to the other world right before their marriages."

Right, but I knew it was going to happen, so that part was in my mind.

My chest hurt. I was feeling betrayed again but who am I to blame? I've done what I wanted to do but I still feel so lost and alone.

I looked at the Oracle, "I feel like there's another reason, you're here." I was still sitting on the platform but this time out of choice. I just didn't feel like getting up.

"I am," She smiled.

"What? Because Leroy said I keep getting into dangerous situations?" I was being a little sarcastic but it only came back to me.

"You're the problem Sorin," She was very serious, "You need to be gone for everything else to be in place."

"What?" I blinked at her in confusion,"Are you telling me, I have to die?" It was as if my thoughts were vanishing one by one. A frown appeared on my face when I realized there was more bad waiting for me.

"Things can be altered. But certains things need to happen anyway. You are the villain of this story and things can only be set right if you're no longer here."

"What?" That came to me as a shock.

"I'm sure you've noticed it yourself." Her expressions were a bit off, "You've been having near death experiences, haven't you?" My heart sank, "The world itself is trying to remove you." Goosebumps, bad ones, "Because you're not supposed to be here. The only reason you are, is because someone saved you. But for how long? The longer you stay, the closer death will come to you."