Chapter 15

Logan was suspecting Maddy.

By now I could tell that much, from the way he acted around and talked to Maddy. To my relief they left shortly after that, leaving me and Maddy alone. And I walked into her room thinking she might have fallen asleep since we all were exhausted from all the events that happened.

So when I walked into her room I was surprised to see Maddy sitting on her bed with a first aid box on her lap. She had rolled the sleeves of her top up to her elbows and my eyes widened when I saw the scratch marks that covered her forearms.

I walked towards her and grabbed her arm and Maddy gasped startled from my unexpected action. She tried to pull her arm away but I tightened my grip and started to inspect her wounds.

Her skin was red as well as those scratch marks, like she got them very recently. Those were like someone had scratched her arms violently and her burn mark on left wrist looked worse.

Maddy pulled her arm back after I released it and she glared at me with hatred.

"What are you still doing here?"

Ouch! Maddy, no need to act so cold. "How did that happen?" I ignored her rude behaviour.

"That's none of your business" she spat angrily.

What was wrong with her? "I'm not going to leave until you tell me" I sat on her bed facing her.

What could I tell? I was stubborn too.

She gritted her teeth trying to control her anger, "she did it"

"Who? Megan?!" I was surprised.

Maddy only nodded her head looking straight at me.

"Why?"

She clenched her hands and looked away, "I told you we had a fight last night"

"But how could you get this much wounds from a fight?" I asked dumbfounded. It wasn't just one scratch mark or two.

She snapped her eyes towards me and watched me for a second, "I think you should leave, Alex! You don't have to stay with me anymore" She got up and walked towards the door.

"I'm not going to leave you alone. Not especially on a day like this" I got up too.

"Don't you understand, Alex?" She took a step towards me, "we are over" she gestured in between us, "after her death I don't think we should stay together" she crossed her arms, "you should leave, now! And don't ever come back here again" her expression was cold.

"B....but Maddy-"

"Get out!" She pushed me forward making me stumble on my feet.

I looked at her shocked and hurt. I came here today only because of her and this wasn't the way to treat someone who was willing to stay by your side. I was hurt because I didn't expect her to end our relationship like this. It wasn't my fault and I loved her so much that I didn't want to leave her when she really needed someone by her side.

I clenched my jaw and fought back my tears. Maddy's cold expression hadn't changed and she gestured again ignoring that I was hurt. I looked at her for one last time and stormed out of the house not even bothering to say 'goodbye'.

My mind was running everywhere and the pain clouded my thoughts. I reached my home after some time and called Justin to explain what happened. I asked Vera to stay with Maddy and Vera agreed right away telling me that I should give Maddy some time until she comes around. I didn't say anything and Vera hung up after telling me that Justin and her were already on their way.