Chapter 19

I watched Logan's face when he read those reports. His expression went from serious to blank and he passed out those reports to Richard who waited eagerly to read them.

Max stood beside Richard and leaned in, starting to read the report on Richard's hands. Soon their expressions turned into disappointment and they looked at Logan hopelessly.

"So does this mean everything is over?" Max looked more sad than relieved. Shouldn't he happy about finding that murderer? What was in those reports anyway?

"It says that the handwriting in that suicide letter matched with Megan's handwriting. So she wrote it and took her own life. She had confessed in that letter that she killed that girl Brittany and attacked that boy too. So... what do you want me to do when the murderer had confessed her crimes? The case is over Max, unless the autopsy report says otherwise" Logan shrugged.

Max hung his head low and Richard patted his back, "sometimes it happens, Max. The murderer takes his own life before we catch them"

"B..but where is the knife? Don't you think it's too perfect except for that missing weapon? Suddenly a girl takes her life and she happened to be the murderer. Huh! I don't believe this. Something is wrong. I can tell that much" Max argued and stormed out of the office.

"He wanted to catch the murderer and end his first case in a high note" Richard mumbled looking at the corridor he disappeared.

"He's smart and what he said was true. Megan's death was perfect and it ended the case smoothly" Logan's expression turned serious, "we have to wait for the autopsy report. Let's hope it will solve our doubts"

Richard nodded agreeing, "so how was your interview with Dean?"

Dean?! Who the hell was Dean?

"Dr. Scott was surprised to hear of Megan's death. He had not seen her after their father's death even though Madison continued to see him" so Logan went to see Maddy's therapist. Dr. Dean Scott. I should remember his name.

"So..?"

"He had nothing much to say about Megan and he refused to talk about Maddy since she is his patient. So it didn't go as I planned and I had to end it quickly since he didn't want me to hold up his patients" Logan sat down on his seat, "he asked me about..." he stopped and looked at my way but I quickly closed my eyes pretending I was still resting, "never mind!" he continued, "thank you for contacting him for me" he thanked Richard.

Did Richard know Maddy's therapist personally? But how?

"I need to drop Alex home" I heard Richard say.

"Okay, go! And have a good rest"

"But-"

"There's nothing to do here, Richard. Not until we get that autopsy report. I'll call you when John arrives with it. Until then go and enjoy your time with family. You're seeing them after a long time" Richard dismissed him.

I got up when Richard walked in and left their office after bidding goodbye to Logan. We got inside Richard's car and he drove away silently as he was deep in his thoughts.

"How did you know Maddy's therapist?" I broke the silence.

"A friend of mine" he snapped.

Richard's tone told me that he wasn't in for a conversation. So I stopped bothering him and drowned in my own thoughts.

I was kind of relieved when I heard about what had written in those reports. According to it Megan had written it, and that meant she was the killer. Also it proved Megan took her own life even though I still had a doubt about her autopsy report. But all these would be over soon when the report came out. Maddy wouldn't be a suspect anymore and she could live her life without a single worry.