Chapter 25

The siblings had completely different reactions, Thea's face was neutral, obviously not surprised by the revelation whereas her brother's jaw was on the floor as he stared at the naïve seeming Defense teacher.

"I'm not even surprised at this point." Thea said while shrugging.

"Of course, she's not" Regulus muttered.

"You?" Harry was still stunned. "No. I-it can't be. Snape, h-he was the one-"

"Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he?" Quirrell says in a mocking tone. "Next to him, who would suspect p-p-p-poor st-stuttering Professor Quirrell?" At that, Thea raises her hand before shrugging when the Professor sent her a look.

"I love her sarcasm... but put your hand down! It's not the time for it!" Marlene said exasperated.

"But-but that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me." Harry insisted.

Quirrell smiled evilly at the boy's comment. "No, dear boy. I tried to kill you." Harry's eyes widened and he studied the Professor in disbelief and confusion, while his sister slight stepped protectively before him, dangerously narrowing her eyes at the professor. "And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broke my eye contact, I would have succeeded, even with Snape muttering his little counter curse."

"What?!"

"Snape was saving Harry?"

James turned to Severus looking shocked. "Thank you, Snape." He told him sincerely, taking everyone in the room by surprise.

The boy, too speechless, was barely able to nod in response.

Harry's disbelief only grew at the new revelation. "Snape was trying to save me?"

Quirrell ignored the boy's comment and continued his little monologue. "I knew you were a danger to me from the off. Especially after Halloween." Quirrell turned with an expression of mock pity when he looked at Thea. "It's a shame you never fell for any one of my traps. You really are the smarter Potter."

"Traps? What traps?" James protested angrily. No one dared to try and calm him down, considering they were experiencing the same rage that he was.

Regulus was furious to say the least. He just wished he could get his hands on Quirrell to show him exactly what he'd do to him.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked, angrily this time.

"This bloody asshole tried to poison me during Easter. And I'm guessing it was you that was trying to, I assume, kill me." Thea said calmly, not taking her eyes off the Professor.

"That's it! He a dead man walking!" James yelled and jumped out of his seat, only to be pulled down by his furious looking father.

The scene showed a flashback of Thea sitting at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, eating during the Easter feast. She looked down at the goblet right before she was going to take a drink, when she noticed something black merging with her drink. She calmly set down the goblet and settled on eating.

The scene changed again, showing Thea walking down the stairs that lead to the seventh floor. As she was walking down the hallway, she sensed a threatening presence near her. She was quick enough to take cover, just as a green spell was shot in her direction. When she ran back to identify her attacker, the hallway was empty.

Everyone in the hall was outraged by the revelation. Many turned to Dumbledore furious at how he allowed such a person on school grounds.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Harry asked his sister.