Chapter 49

Thea was walking towards the Big House to talk to Chiron about the transportation to Hogwarts when she saw three nymphs dragging Percy's body to the infirmary. Without hesitation she ran towards the nymphs and helped them take the boy to get help.

"Chiron!" Thea screamed "Chiron! We need help!"

Whispers about Percy's condition broke into the hall. The phrase that was mostly repeated was 'will he make it?'

The scene changed showing Percy laying in the infirmary, starting to gain consciousness. Argus stood guard in the corner while Thea stood guard in the opposite corner looking utterly furious. Annabeth sat next to Percy, holding a glass of nectar and was dabbing a washcloth on his forehead.

There were sighs of relief as well as cheers from students as well as ministry officials.

"Here we are again," Percy said.

"You idiot," Annabeth said, which is how Thea knew she was overjoyed to see Percy conscious. "You were green and turning gray when Thea found you. If it weren't for Chiron's healing ..."

"Now, now," Chiron's voice said. "Percy's constitution deserves some of the credit."

He was sitting near the foot of the bed in human form. His lower half was magically compacted into the wheelchair, his upper half dressed in a coat and tie. He smiled, but his face looked weary and pale.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Like my insides have been frozen, then microwaved."

"Apt, considering that was pit scorpion venom. Now you must tell me, if you can, exactly what happened."

Between sips of nectar, Percy told them the story. The room was quiet for a long time.

"I can't believe that Luke..." Annabeth's voice faltered. Her expression turned angry and sad. "Yes. Yes, I can believe it. May the gods curse him.... He was never the same after his quest."

"You shall be betrayed by one who call you a friend." Thea mumbled.

"This must be reported to Olympus," Chiron murmured. "I will go at once."

"Luke is out there right now," Percy said. "I have to go after him."

Chiron shook his head. "No, Percy. The gods-"

"Won't even talk about Kronos," Thea snapped.

"Zeus declared the matter closed!" Percy supported.

"They're really angry with the gods, aren't they."

"Percy, I know this is hard. But you must not rush out for vengeance. You aren't ready." Chiron told him. He turned to the daughter of Zeus. "Thea, you might be ready and fully capable of going after him but think of the people that would be at risk if you do."

"What does he mean 'the people that would be a t risk'? Who would be at risk?" James asked worried.

"Chiron...your prophecy from the Oracle...it was about Kronos, wasn't it? Was I in it? Was Thea? And Annabeth?"

Chiron glanced nervously at the ceiling. "Percy, it isn't my place-"

"You've been ordered not to talk to me about it, haven't you?"

His eyes were sympathetic, but sad. "You will be a great hero, child. I will do my best to prepare you. But if I'm right about the path ahead of you..." Thunder boomed overhead, rattling the windows. Thea rolled her eyes and huffed in annoyance.

"All right!" Chiron shouted. "Fine!" He sighed in frustration. "The gods have their reasons, Percy. Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing."