Chapter 98

Meanwhile, in the girls' suit, Annabeth and Thea were inspecting the room to the last detail. When they were sure that it was safe enough for them to sleep, both crashed on the Alaska King sized bed that was in the suit. The pair were too tired to brush their teeth, let alone change their clothes.

"You think we'll do it?" Annabeth asked Thea, as she was drifting to sleep.

Many hearts broke at how vulnerable Annabeth sounded. That's when they realized how important finding Grover and saving camp actually was to the young girls.

"We have to," Thea answered, not finding sleep yet. She placed a kiss on Annabeth's forehead and tucked a strand of hair behind the blonde's ear and she finally fell asleep, leaving the daughter of Zeus to her thoughts.

People were quiet when they saw that display of affection. Since when did Thea act in that way towards Annabeth?

James' eyes widened, knowing how much of a slippery slope his daughter would be getting into if she were to fall in love with Annabeth of all people. He quickly glanced at Regulus, who was watching the scene, his eyes slightly widening.

Regulus had a mix of feelings he couldn't describe. While he understood that attraction was not something someone could control, he knew that there were a lot of problems associated with homosexuality, especially in the wizarding world. Same sex couples was something common in the ancient days, considering that Lady Hecate would often bless couples with children. With time, and the integration of muggle-borns into their communities, the practice died down after hateful actions that happened for centuries.

He wasn't sure about the nature of the views within the demigod community, but he would assume that it wasn't uncommon.

Thea grabbed her bag, the one she had reserved for quests, the one with the undetectable extension charm. She dug her hand in to try to find what Hermes had added to her bag. Despite the charm, she still managed to organize it. When her hand touched the familiar wood of her wand, her body radiated with energy. She figured that Hermes didn't know about the rule of using magic outside of Hogwarts. When she dug deeper, she found a smaller bottle of vitamins, just like the one he had given Percy earlier that night. She sighed before putting her bag on the small nightstand beside her.

James turned to the minister, looking skeptical. "If she were to use magic in the sea of monsters, would she be sanctioned?"

"I'm not sure, Mr. Potter, we've never had an occurrence like this before," he answered truthfully.

Dumbledore, who had been excessively quiet, was looking at the young girl with an unknown gleam in his eyes. She would either be the reason why he would thrive, or his greatest enemy.

The daughter of Zeus was able to see out of the porthole that was in their room. She watched the stars in the night sky as she waited to drift asleep. Unfortunately for her, her night wouldn't be dreamless, as she found herself standing in the middle of what looked like the throne room in Olympus, but it was destroyed. All the thrones were reduced to rubble. She stepped closer to where her father's throne usually was, and the wave of energy she typically got from stepping close to it was no longer there.

"What happened?"

"Why is it destroyed?"

"I think this is a dream."

"There is still time for you to change sides, daughter of the sky," a raspy, evil, voice that she knew very well said.

Thea rolled her eyes at the statement, not being in the mood for the games of the gods. "What is it that you want, Kronos?"