Chapter 83

When they reached the feast, it was nothing like they had ever seen before. Everybody was in their pajamas, and the celebration lasted all night. The siblings didn't know whether the best bit was Hermione running toward Thea, screaming "You solved it! You solved it!" or Justin hurrying over from the Hufflepuff table to wring his hand and apologize endlessly for suspecting him, or Hagrid turning up at half past three, cuffing Harry and Ron so hard on the shoulders that they were knocked into their plates of trifle, or Thea, Harry and Ron's six hundred points for Gryffindor securing the House Cup for the second year running, or Professor McGonagall standing up to tell them all that the exams had been canceled as a school treat, or Dumbledore announcing that, unfortunately, Professor Lockhart would be unable to return next year, owing to the fact that he needed to go away and get his memory back. Quite a few of the teachers joined in the cheering that greeted this news.

Students were watching the events wide eyed, not believing that all that happened during one feast.

"Can we do something like that one day?"

"That's absolutely amazing!"

"Shame," said Ron, helping himself to a jam doughnut. "He was starting to grow on me."

Thea smacked the back of his head. "Don't ever say that again."

James and his friends laughed, loving Thea's behavior and actions.

When the feast was over and the students were making their way back to their dormitories, Thea managed to discreetly grab her Slytherin friends and drag them to their spot beside the lake.

"What happened to you? I heard people saying that you fought You-Know-Who again," Theo said hurriedly when they sat down.

Theodore Nott looked at his son in absolute disgust, not believing that his offspring was so worried about a Gryffindor Potter.

Meanwhile, James and his two friends were smiling warmly and fondly at the trio of friends. Despite being in different houses and having different backgrounds, they were able to find each other.

"Before we get to that," Thea said, turning to Matteo. "Tell me about your family and your life before Hogwarts."

Matteo looked visibly uncomfortable. "I really don't want to..."

"I understand," Thea said, holding his hand comfortingly, "but I found out a few things when I was in the Chamber, and we both need answeres." Matteo could see that there wasn't much room for argument.

"What is she talking about?"

"I don't understand what's happening..."

"Wait...his name is Matteo Riddle..."

"Could that mean...?"

"We'll have to wait and see."

"I grew up in Wool's Orphanage," lowering his voice and bowing his head, avoiding the looks he would be getting from his friends. "I don't know who my parents are. Professor Dumbledore came to the Orphanage when I turned eleven and she told me all about Hogwarts."

"Your parents didn't leave you anything?" Thea asked, in a sincere voice.

"The caretaker said that I had a handkerchief with an embroider crest on it, but the kids there burnt it when I was four," Matteo said sadly.

"If there is a crest, that should mean he came from a noble house."

"But why would a noble family give up one of their heirs?"

"Maybe something bad happened? I mean, they might be avoiding a scandal," Ted whispered to his wife, who just shook her head.

"Even if he were a bastard, no family would risk the status of their family or not knowing who the inheritors are," Andromeda told him.