5. Tea

It was getting late, and she needed to rest as much as possible. Furlan took her on his back to his bedroom. He also informed her that the following day, he would have to do some work but that he would prepare something for her to eat. Lastly, he made her promise that she would not leave the house under any circumstance. Ella swore to him that she wouldn't, that he did not have to worry about that as she couldn't even walk. Furlan laughed at her comment, and he left the room satisfied with her answer. Once he left the room, she couldn't stop thinking about the conversation she heard in the kitchen earlier. It was obvious that Levi didn't want her around, on the other hand, Furlan was lying about their encounter and she was not sure why. For some reason, she had the impression he was doing that to protect her. Or perhaps to protect himself? What she knew for sure was that Furlan didn't want her to leave and that made her feel nervous, because she couldn't still trust him entirely, especially knowing he was lying to his friend, but for some reason, the fact that Furlan wanted her around made her feel happy at the same time. Overthinking made her feel tired and within minutes she fell asleep. Bad dreams appeared overnight that made her wake up suddenly on a couple of occasions and made it difficult for her to sleep again.

The next morning, Furlan knocked gently at the door in case she was still sleeping however when he entered the room quietly, Ella was already sitting on the bed. Furlan wondered for how long she would have been awake. She was definitely looking rested and also way better than when they first met.

"Good morning. What time is it?" She asked him.

"Morning! Definitely earlier than yesterday. Did you sleep well?" The blonde man replied energetically. Ella nodded and made space on the bed for the tray Furlan was carrying.

"As I told you last night, Levi and I got some things to do so we won't be home until late." He started. "I brought you some extra food in case you get hungry before we arrive." Furlan put the tray on the bed and Ella took a look. Her mouth watered when she saw its content, several pieces of fruit, bread, a generous selection of cheeses and some pastries. She did not know how they were able to afford all that, and most importantly be willing to share it with her. In the Underground, some of that food was a privilege.

"Oh, I forgot to get you some tea. Be right back." He said leaving the room in a rush. Ella waited patiently for him to come back. She was really tempted to grab some of the pastries, but then she thought it was better to wait until his return. She could hear Furlan's steps approaching the room. A minute later he was handing her over a steaming cup of tea. She took it gently to her lips and took a small sip. It was boiling but it tasted fantastic.

"This tea is delicious!" She exclaimed. Furlan chuckled, he wasn't surprised by her comment after all.

"I bet it does. It is from Levi's personal tea collection." He responded with a playful wink. Ella's face got pale within seconds and Furlan couldn't stop laughing.

"Come on, it's ok! He won't get mad at you." He continued. "Unless... he finds out." He said teasingly. Ella was still in shock and for some reason, he found that amusing. "Do not worry. Your secret is safe with me." He added with a gentle shoulder touch. Ella sighed relieved.

"Try to enjoy it. I was just teasing you." Ella couldn't tell if he was now telling the truth or not but, since the tea was already there, the best thing would be to drink it.

"Well, I think I should make a move now before Levi comes to grab me. Have a nice day, Ella! I will see you in the night." He waved with a big kind smile.

"Bye, Furlan." She replied quietly while he left the room. 

Now that Furlan and Levi were gone, she had the entire room for herself more specifically, the entire house. A whole day for herself. That really sounded like a dream to her. Way before she met Furlan, she always was running errands for her family. She had always been a hardworking girl, full of energy so she didn't mind doing it at all but that doesn't mean that she didn't like to have her personal time. Whenever she had a chance, she would go to her favourite place in town and spend hours there on her own. Then things changed, she would continue doing the common errands, but she wouldn't have time for herself. Now that part of her life was over forever, and this could be a brand-new start for her. She just had to recover and start looking for a job somewhere.

While she ate her breakfast, she thought about what she could do after feeling better, but she couldn't think about anything that she would be good at. After long minutes of thinking, she gave up and tried to entertain herself with something different. Now that she had no responsibilities and a whole new day, she didn't have anything to do. She was extremely bored and in the end, she just fell asleep again.