A2 C35 - A Travel To A Great Dynasty

ARC 2

[Dayan had never produced such a famous God of War again.

Whenever someone speaks of the name Xie Jingyuan, apart from sarcasm and scolding, everyone sighed secretly.

Back then, the Xie Clan held a prominent title and wields undeniably strong military power, however like any political stories, the tree was so big that it attracted the wind, which aroused the fear of the emperor. Nobody knows what really happens if it's framed but later, the family got implicated in a rebellion. Only the last branch of the Xie family survived.

Xie Jingyuan is a son from a concubine of the side family in Xie Clan.

He joined the army at a very young age and soon climbed from a mountain of corpses to a high position. A single dazzling Luoyuan sword soared through the sky and pierced the sun, brought countless victories as he broke through tens of thousands of armors in the formation of thousands of troops, repelled dozens of masters in the northern border, and was named a first-rank military marquis.

Such a young man, if his appearance hadn't been damaged by an accident when he was young, he could be called a beautiful and stunning lad with a brilliant talent. It's a pity that later Xie Jingyuan was given by the Emperor to marry Chu Xinian, a male from Marquis Qu Yanghou's family, to be his husband. He was humiliated and hated in every possible way.

However, Xie Jingyuan was ruthless and rebellious by nature. In the subsequent battle for the heir apparent to the throne, he joined the crown prince's partylist and used military power to help him rebel. However, during the revolt, Chu Xinian deliberately revealed information to the enemy, and he was captured outside the Tai'an Palace by Prince Jin.

At that time, Xie Jingyuan's limbs were pierced by long arrows, and his tendons and veins were all weakened a lot. The God of War, who once shook the world, was crushed in front of the steps by a sword like a trapped beast, his body was covered in cuts and bruises, and his knees were stained with dust.

In the twenty-eighth year of Qisheng, the Holy Majesty questioned the crown prince's party, and only Xie Jingyuan would rather die than surrender. His Majesty was furious and ordered his limbs to be shackled and imprisoned in a dungeon for eternity.

In the winter of the thirty-fifth year of Qisheng, the Emperor died and Prince Jin ascended the throne.

In the same year, Xie Jingyuan died. The corpse was brought out from the dungeon. Although it was covered with a white cloth, it was so skinny that it was difficult to lock it in shackles. The new Emperor ordered people to bury him in the wild suburb of Beishan.]

----The above content is excerpted from the second revision of the online novel "A Thousand Autumns For The Marquis".

In the early spring of Qisheng's 21st year, there was still a bit of a biting chill in the air. A group of people galloping into the capital from outside the city, stirring up countless dust, but they were stopped by the guards of the city gate because of their menace. "Who is coming!"

The leading man was dressed in a black outfit and carried a long sword. He seemed to be a guard slave of some noble family. He was riding a maroon horse and a young man in a red wedding dress was lying on top of him. The other party's limbs were limp and his head was drooping, as if he had passed out.

The gatekeeper took a look, and found that the young man's head had been opened, and the blood spattered all over his forehead, his tone became more and more harsh: "What's going on!"