A2 C74 - Moth's Merit Monument

There are many high-ranking officials in Dayan, so it is impossible for the Crown Prince to go door-to-door to collect donations of money and food, so those who come to visits are only the servants of the East Palace and the small officials of the Ministry of Treasury, and according to the code and ethics of Dayan, only a few older ministers can let the Crown Prince come visit them personally.

Opposite the General's mansion lived a family, which was the mansion of Xiao Da, a court minister. This person is a member of Prince Jin's partylist, and he had already received the Prince Jin's secret order last night, his job is to make problem so that the prince's donation will not go smoothly.

When the officials from the Ministry of Treasury and the people from East Palace came to the door, Xiao Da stood at the door, with his hands in his sleeves, and said with a guilty expression: "This old man's family is poor, I got nothing from my possession. Even if I want to help the victims of the disaster in the northern, I'm too useless. Please forgive me if I only got five hundred taels of silver. I hope you don’t blame this old man."

After speaking, he ordered the servant to bring a box of scattered copper plates and silver, which looked really shabby.

Xie Lanting and Chu Xinian stood behind the door to watch the excitement, and sneered when they saw the scene: "This old man likes to raise horses, there are dozens of top-quality horses from the Western Regions in his backyard. If you take one out casually, it will cost a thousand taels of silver, Xiao Da is following the Prince Jin's order, and is deliberately trying to trip the Crown Prince."

The salary of the officials in the Dayan was in fixed average. Not counting rice, grain and cotton cloth, the annual salary of the third-rank officials was only 800 taels, so for Xiao Da donating only 500 tales is in already okay. It's hard to say anything on this matter.

It's a pity that the officials are not fools, they make illegal businesses and buried their hidden wealth from corruption. Also aside from their salary, Emperor Yan give gold and land titles from time to time, coupled with the so-called family virtue to give treasure to each other, the salary of the court is just too much.

All in all, the type of people like Xiao Da are purely disgusting.

The servants from the East Palace are no longer surprised by it, and it is probably the same situation in other families. He ordered someone to count the money, and after registering it, he came to the General's mansion.

Xie Lanting threw a stack of banknotes into Chu Xinian's arms. The latter smiled when he saw this, and handed it to the Prince's servant: "The General is very worried when he hears that the locust plague is spreading in the northern, and a lot were starving to death. Here is a ten thousand taels and three thousand shi of rice grain."

Ten thousand taels, even if its neither too much nor too little for a general, would not arouse Emperor Yan's suspicion even if he donated this big. Everyone else is so poor, but he alone spends the most money. This will not make Emperor into thinking he is corrupt.

The Prince's servants were so excited that tears filled their eyes. Tremblingly, they took the bank notes from the hands of Chu Xinian. It can be seen that this is probably the biggest donation he has received so far in the fundraising today.

"General Xie, I thank you in advance on behalf of the common people."

Xiao Da stood at the opposite door, probably wanting to find out the situation, seeing Xie Lanting donating 10,000 taels of silver, he sighed meaningfully: "General Xie is so generous. Poor official like me who live on their bare minimum salaries can only save a drop in the bucket."

He seemed to be eccentric, pointing fingers, talking fake niceties and appealing to pity, hiding his disgusting persona. Yet no people could catch his bullshit.