A6 C183 - Envoys from the Yan Enter Shengjing

Sun De's words were like a blow to the head, which not only made Emperor Zhou and the courtiers dizzy, but also made Zhao Su's heart drop to the bottom. She remained kneeling motionless, like a statue, her hands and feet were cold to the bone. At that moment, many thoughts flashed through her mind, but she couldn't grasp anything.

It was so quiet in the main hall that you could hear even a drop of a pin.

After a period of dead silence, Zhao Su finally made some move. Everyone saw her slowly raising her eyes to look at Sun De. If her gaze could condense into substance, it would definitely be the coldest ice in the world. She coldly uttered three words: "This is absurd--!"

Her voice suddenly rose, resounding throughout the court, and Sun De was frightened to the point of being shaken all over.

All the ministers saw Zhao Su standing up from the ground, looking at Sun De with blazing eyes, and approaching him step by step: "I am impeaching you in the palace today for making false accounts. I am accusing you of being disloyal! You have neglected the lives of the victims and committed corruption. Accepting bribes is unkind! Such an unfaithful and evil person will not repent even when he is about to die. He will still be filled with resentment and slander out of thin air. Even if you kill all the great nine clans, you will still not be able to escape your death!"

Zhao Su has always been calm and courteous to the outside world, but it is inevitable that people will be surprised when she suddenly shows such an awe-inspiring attitude. She took a step forward every time she said a word, until she forced Sun De to the corner of the steps: "You said that this prince is a woman disguised as a man, are you trying to ridicule His Majesty for being blind and mistaking woman for being a man for many years?! You said that this prince is a man? When you say that a woman is disguising herself as a man, are you trying to say that the whole hospital is full of people who are just eating corpses, checking Her Highness's pulse every day but they can't even tell the difference between man and woman?! When you said that this prince is disguising herself as a man, are you trying to slander the Queen for deceiving the Emperor so that the nation's people can hear the news? That the entire royal family is a joke?! When you said that a woman disguised herself as a man, are you trying to say that the courtiers are ridiculous and actually embraced a woman as the heir apparent, making the Zhou Kingdom a laughing stock among other countries?!"

Every time Zhao Su said something, Emperor Zhou's face became gloomier. He watched this farce with cold eyes, sitting in a high position without saying a word, which only made people feel that the storm was coming.

The Queen's family, the Wen clan, also had someone serving as an official in the court. Hearing this, he was the first to come out and reprimand Sun De: "Your Majesty, I have observed that Sun De is insane. He is obviously about to die. He deliberately bites people indiscriminately. I beg Your Majesty to punish him severely!"

One person takes the lead, and others can only follow and second their opinions. These courtiers are not like Sun De, who is full of shit and insists that the prince is a woman disguised as a man. What is the benefit? Isn't this a blatant accusation that the Emperor is blind? For the son he has raised for more than 20 years, he can't even tell the difference between male and female?

To put it bluntly, even if the prince really disguises herself as a man, it is the Emperor's own business and it is not the turn of foreign ministers to expose it. Anyone who dares to stand up at this time will undoubtedly get burned. Didn't you see that even the Eighth Prince and the others dare not speak out.

Only Sun De was ready to risk his life and was determined to drag Zhao Su into the water. He scrambled to his feet, panicked like a bereaved dog, pointed at Zhao Su and said incoherently: "Do you dare to take off your clothes and do a body check?! Zhao Su! Do you dare to take off your clothes and do a body check in front of all the civil and military officials?! I heard that you have been protected since your birth. Since then, you have been raised by the Queen herself, without even using a wet nurse. You are obviously of marriageable age, yet you are refusing to get married in every possible way. How dare you say that you are not a woman disguised as a man?!"