A6 C185 - The Alliance is in Progress

Zhao Su's situation was obviously extremely bad. The queen was so angry that she still couldn't survive the night. The next morning, news came that she had died of illness. It stands to reason that all married women should go to the palace to worship and mourn, but Emperor Zhou only ordered that everything should be kept simple, that they should wear plain clothes and abstain from court for five days to express their condolences.

On the night when the Yan Kingdom delegation went to the banquet, Rong Xuan dressed up again. He pasted a small row of black beard in front of the bronze mirror and darkened his face a bit. He looked gray and could not be recognized among the crowd without a careful look.

Ji Fan didn't know why Rong Xuan insisted on entering the palace, but he didn't want to tell him even if he asked. It can't be because he likes Zhao Su's beauty that he can't help but want to see her, right…?

Ji Fan handed a set of eunuch clothes to Rong Xuan: "Put it on, and you will dress up as a follower later and go to the banquet with this prince."

Rong Xuan glanced at the clothes, but did not accept it. Instead, he raised his hand and touched the beard he had just glued on, and asked aloud: "When have you ever seen a eunuch grow a beard?"

Ji Fan was stunned when he heard this, and then realized that Rong Xuan had put on a fake beard. He threw the eunuch's clothes aside and reached out to tear off his fake beard: "The guards around me are all familiar faces, so I can only let you pretend to be a eunuch, so don't wear any kind of beard."

Rong Xuan turned his head to prevent him from tearing it apart. He hugged Ji Fan's waist, stepped forward and pushed him directly against the desk, hooked his chin and asked with a low smile: "Are you so looking forward to your husband becoming a eunuch?"

Ji Fan subconsciously wrapped his arms around his neck, wondering what nonsense Rong Xuan was talking about again: "When did I say that I wanted you to become a eunuch?"

He was dressed in a blue royal robe of the Yan Kingdom, full of nobility, but more mundane than his usual white clothes.

No matter what Ji Fan looks like, Rong Xuan is always moved by him. He couldn't help but place a kiss on the other person's forehead, then leaned forward and kissed Ji Fan's lips, then slowly opened his teeth and teased him with the tip of his tongue in a familiar way. They separated slightly when speaking, and the warm breath sprayed on the neck, causing a slight itch: "Yes, if I become a eunuch, wouldn't Your Highness have to be a widow?"

Ji Fan's breath was slightly confused, and he held down his hand that was moving around, and said in a hoarse voice: "You've been talking nonsense all day long, and I can't keep a straight face. Why don't you go change clothes quickly."

Rong Xuan raised his eyebrows in surprise: "You really want me to play eunuch?"

Ji Fan took advantage of Rong Xuan's unpreparedness and tore off the beard on his face. He slightly raised his lips and said, "You are so smeared that it looks like black coal. No one will be able to recognize you there. It doesn't matter whether the beard sticks or not.”

Rong Xuan had no choice but to untie his belt, take off his outer shirt, and prepare to change into eunuch uniform. However, with a casual glance, he found that Ji Fan was looking at him. He simply stopped and said deliberately: "I don't know how to wear eunuch uniforms. Come over and help me put them on."

Ji Fan wondered if there was anything different between how eunuchs wear their uniform and any other regular clothes, he said, "This prince has never served others to dress."

Rong Xuan: "Others are others, and the husband is the husband. How can they be confused?"

The way he smiled was very confusing. After saying this, he hooked his hand towards Ji Fan and said in a low and ambiguous voice: "Why don't you come over here and help your husband to dress?"