A2 C44 - The Plan Begins

"I got the news from the palace that the emperor wants to send the King of Jin to Shuofang to suppress the rebels, and he will draw up an order soon. Shuofang is far away from the capital, and the battlefield has no eyes, so it is suitable for us to ambush on the road." 

As soon as Chi Xinian left, the Prince slowly regained his frivolous appearance just now. Although he is still fooling around, his eyes are unfathomable. But for some reason, he didn't call the Emperor as Father, but just like others, he called him Emperor.

The Crown Prince believes in cutting grass and roots to remove meddlesome, let alone an enemy like King Jin who has endless troubles.

"This matter is not difficult. The king of Jin often makes good friends with civil servants. He is new to the army and has few contacts. It is easy to set up an ambush."

On the matter of killing people, Xie Jingyuan and the prince reached a high degree of consensus. He pressed his fist to his lips, suppressing the cough in his throat. When he lowered his eyes, his eyes fell on the door inadvertently, and he frowned, looking a little absent-minded.

The prince thought of his marriage: "Gu was only confined for three months and Concubine Mei made such a big stumbling block to harm you. The old and new grudges are really hard to get rid of. Gu will go to the palace to see the Emperor after a while. No matter what, I have to put an end to this marriage."

Xie Jingyuan frowned and said coldly: "Your Highness, why do you have to be useless? It will only make the Emperor despise you even more."

When this marriage was bestowed, who among the people in Quyang Hou and even Xie Jingyuan never objected? But what's the use, the sacred degree has been decided and cannot be violated.

"He didn't have a son in his heart."

The prince got up from his seat, remembering the scene when he first met Chu Xinian: "This person is not simple, you can tell he is unfathomable at a glance. Gu thought you brought a counselor, but it turned out to be a big trouble."

"Big trouble?" Xie Jingyuan raised his eyebrows and chewed on these two words, noncommittal.

"Gu has only heard that Chu Jiaoping, the eldest son of the Marquis of Quyang, is resourceful and intelligent. I saw him at the Qunying Banquet last year, and he was really extraordinary. I wanted to recruit him, but it's a pity that he already joined King Jin's partylist. When I saw him today, his younger brother seemed worse. Too simple but who knows."

The prince felt a little tricky, "Jingyuan, if he's a useless idiot, we can keep his mouth shut, but if he's a spy sent over to us, there will be endless troubles." 

After he finished speaking, he fell back on the chair again, and slowly leaned back to match with Xie Jingyuan. A throat-slitting motion. Although it seemed careless, Xie Jingyuan knew that he was serious.

"Keep him, don't kill." Xie Jingyuan only said these four words.

The Prince paused when he heard the words, and looked at him suspiciously: "Why?"

Xie Jingyuan frowned: "He's still useful."

The Prince didn't speak, stared at him motionlessly, and said after a long while: "Jingyuan, I used to think that you have changed. Some things are always different, but you and your father are really similar, the blood is something that you carry from the bottom of your heart..."

He was in a trance for a moment, and muttered to himself: "Will you become like him in the future?"

The Crown Prince was vague in his words, hiding things that only he knows.