A6 C181 - Overthrowing the Marquis

Waterside Pavilion is not the main hall for entertaining guests, but a pavilion near the pool, with red maples planted next to it. This kind of maple leaves are red in all seasons except when it snows. From a distance, it looks like a woman stained with rouge, and half of the sky shows a bit of glow.

Zhao Su was sitting on the stone chair in the pavilion. She probably hurried here before she could wait for her illness to recover. Her face was pale and bloodless, making people feel like a gust of wind could blow her away. She looked very worried.

Until a familiar and smiling male voice suddenly sounded in her ears, breaking the peace in the garden: "His Royal Highness the Crown Prince is seriously injured, why don't you just calm down and recuperate instead of coming all the way here?"

Zhao Su looked back and saw Rong Xuan walking over with his hands behind his back. The other party always looks laid-back and lazy, as if everything is under control. Unlike how he describes her as injured, he looks energetic.

Zhao Su knew that after what happened last night, she already had too many fatal clues in Ji Fan's hands. She sat where she was, her hands on her knees tightened silently, and she asked in a calm tone: "Young Master Rong, what a coincidence, why didn’t I see Prince Yan?"

Rong Xuan lifted up his robe and sat down opposite her, thinking that as expected of the heroine, she could still be so calm at this time. Anyone else would have been anxious in her place: "Then Your Highness should ask General Xuanyuan. Why did he take action for no reason last night and seriously injure Prince Yan?"

Faced with his attitude of raising an army to investigate, Zhao Suwei paused for a moment. Although she was seriously injured and fell into coma yesterday, after she regained consciousness, Xuanyuan Qing knelt down to apologize and explained the ins and outs of everything. From then on, she knew that the matter was not that easy to solve.

Zhao Su raised her eyes and looked at Rong Xuan, and said straight to the point: "Xuanyuan Qing acted recklessly, and I have punished him severely. I came here for two things, one is the accounts stolen from the House of the Secretary of the Ministry of Household Affairs, and the other is the… What happened in the wine cellar last night.”

As expected, Ji Fan guessed correctly.

Rong Xuan raised his eyebrows slightly when he heard this, then took out a stack of neatly arranged account books from his sleeves, plus four ingots of silver stamped with Jingzhou Prefecture, put them together on the table, and pushed them in front of Zhao Su: "Things will returned to their original owner, Your Highness the Crown Prince please."

He had no intention of embarrassing Zhao Su, and Xuanyuan Qing's account was settled separately.

Zhao Su was inevitably surprised when she saw this. She glanced at Rong Xuan, took the account and checked it carefully. After confirming that it was correct, she said something meaningful: "It seems that Young Master Rong really wants to reverse the case for your father."

Rong Xuan's pupils contracted slightly when he heard this, and he subconsciously looked at Zhao Su, only to see that the other party was also looking at him, with eyes that seemed to be able to see through people's hearts.

That's right, the other party is also the prince of the country after all. She has such a big handle as a woman disguised as a man. How could she not investigate his identity and background? I'm afraid that the Rong family's affairs have been thoroughly investigated by the other party.

Rong Xuan smiled: "Your Royal Highness, are you threatening me?"

Zhao Su shook her head lightly, and was extremely clear-headed and rational: "This matter does not threaten you. Even if Rong Zhengqing as a first-grade divine swordsman, escape from prison is found out, the court will consider his outstanding martial arts skills first and will be exempted from punishment, not to mention that there is an inside story in the Jingzhou case."