04. Grayson

The second we pull up to Jack's house, something is immediately different. There are two cars here.

"Whose fucking car is that?" Devyn hisses.

"Let's go find out," I mutter.

We get out of the car and walk around the house to the spot his bedroom window is. When we look inside, it's obvious who the car in the front belongs to. Debbie Campbell.

"That sick bitch," Devyn snarls.

Hell no. Hell fucking no. Breaking up with Emery the way he did was enough as it was. And now he's hooking up with Debbie? Of all people?

We stand there watching them for a few seconds before they turn around and notice us. Jack quickly throws a blanket over Debbie, who looks mortified, and tries to cover himself up while moving toward the window to close it.

Devyn and I move back to the front of the house.

"Grab the bats," Devyn snaps.

Gladly.

I nod and move to the backseat of the car. When I get back over to Devyn, he's holding a knife and marker I didn't even know he brought.

He hands me the knife and grabs a bat from my hand.

We move over to Jack's car and I start slashing his tires with the knife. Devyn is quietly trying to make dents in the car using the bat.

When I finish with three of the tires, I get up and take the marker from Devyn and write all over the car.

It only takes about seven minutes, and when we're finally done, Devyn and I smirk at his car. I grab my phone and take a picture, then we go back to my car.

We're quiet for most of the drive, until Devyn murmurs, "send me that picture."

When we make it back to Devyn's house, most of the cars are gone. Everyone must have left already.

As soon as we open the door, Aria comes running in and shushes us. "Shut up," she snaps, "Emery just went to sleep."

She grabs Devyn's arm and pulls him into the kitchen, and I follow close behind.

Devyn looks in the direction of Emery's room, "how's she doing?"

"She's doing," Aria pauses for a second, trying to figure out what to say. "I mean, her boyfriend just dumped her, she's doing the best she can be."

Devyn nods.

"So what exactly did you two do?" Aria raises her eyebrows.

I smirk and hand her my phone so she can see the picture.

Her eyes go wide and she looks back up at us. "He's going to kill you," Aria laughs. "He loves that car more than anything else."

"He's not going to do shit," Devyn rolls his eyes.

"If you say so," Aria murmurs.

Just then, Emery comes walking into the kitchen. Her face is tear-stained and her eyes are tired.

"Why are you up?" Aria walks over to her.

"Can't sleep," Emery whispers tiredly. Her eyes land on me and Devyn. "Where've you been?" She asks.

"Doesn't matter," Devyn murmurs. "Are you okay?"

Emery just shrugs.

Aria grabs Devyn's hand and pulls him around the corner. He's probably getting another lecture.

"You look like shit," I smirk.

"Yeah well," Emery smiles obnoxiously, "I'm currently waiting for a unicorn to fall from the sky so I can rub its shit on my face and make all the boys fall in love with me because I read it somewhere and I'm so desperate to try it."

"I hate to burst your bubble," I snort, "but that's definitely not true."

Now it's Emery's turn to smirk. "Yes it is, I read it on Wikipedia."

God, this girl.

"Wikipedia lied to you," I mutter.

"Umm no," Emery snorts, "Wikipedia didn't lie. Wikipedia is a very trustworthy site. It also told me that a very annoying boy named Grayson should start being nicer to this amazing girl named Emery."

"I'm the annoying one?" I cock my head to the side.

"Yes," she says. "You could make a venomous snake bite itself, just so it wouldn't have to listen to you anymore."

"Ok first off," I growl. "I'm pretty sure a snake couldn't poison itself. And secondly, why are you so mean?"

Emery looks up at the ceiling with a thoughtful expression. "I dunno, I think it's just my factory setting."

It takes everything in me not to laugh at her. Fuck, I swear she's the only one who makes me want to laugh like this.

Aria saves me from trying to respond to that when she comes around the corner.

"Emery," she smiles. "We're going out with Joslyn, Leia, and Rebekah tomorrow. I think you need a night out."

"Okay," Emery nods. She and Aria turn and walk back to Emery's room.

Devyn walks over to me and arches an eyebrow, "Emery didn't piss you off this time?"

"Oh, she definitely did," I mutter, glaring at her door.

"She's got a smart mouth," Devyn laughs.

"You don't need to tell me that," I roll my eyes.

"Of course not," he smiles.

"And what about them going out?" I smirk at him. "Are you going with Leia?"

"No," Devyn flushes. "Aria says I'm not allowed to go."

"Why not?" I ask.

"Girls' night," he mocks.

I laugh, "it'll be fine. I'm sure we can go pick them up if they need it."

"You don't have to do that," Devyn smiles.

"Yes I do," I smirk. "You've finally got your girl. You should spend all the time in the world with her."

"Asshole," he laughs.

"Yep," I smile. "Huge asshole."

"You need to get yourself to ask out Mystery Girl," Devyn smirks at me. Mystery Girl. That's what he calls the girl I've been waiting to date all this time. If only he knew it was his sister.

"Maybe someday," is all I say.