08. Grayson

When we pull up to Devyn's house, he still hasn't completely calmed down.

Not that I blame him—no one should be allowed to talk to Emery like that.

Devyn runs his hands through his hair and rests his head against the steering wheel. "I'm going to fucking kill him," he murmurs.

"No," I smile softly. "You can't. I don't need you getting arrested."

"He needs to back the fuck off of her," he mumbles.

"We'll figure something out, Devyn," I tell him.

He nods before opening his door, and I follow behind him. If anyone gets to kill Hugo or Jack it's going to be me.

"Oh hey Devyn," Emery calls when he opens the door. "It took you forever to get here."

No, it didn't. We were sitting in the car for twenty minutes so Devyn could get his shit together.

"Yeah," Devyn mutters instead. "Traffic."

Emery nods and Devyn walks away to the couch where Leia's sitting.

"What's his problem?" Emery turns to face me again.

"That's probably the first time you've talked to me, without insulting me," I raise my eyebrows.

"Don't get used to it," she smirks.

I roll my eyes and walk to where Devyn is sitting. Leia looks up at me and gets up. "I'll see you later," she tells Devyn, who makes a small pout before nodding.

"What?" Devyn snaps when she leaves.

"Chill," I laugh. "She didn't need to leave. I'm just going to sit down over here."

"Devyn," Aria calls as she walks out of her bedroom. "Don't leave. Emery and I are going to go get fast food for dinner. You want some?"

"No, I'm good," Devyn calls back.

"Okay," Aria nods as she and Emery walk out.

The house is quiet now, so the other girls must have left already too.

"You know," Devyn smirks after a few minutes. "You should ask out Mystery Girl."

"I've already told—"

"Or at least tell me who she is," he cuts me off.

I look over at him and study his expression. "You're not going to like it," I sigh after a minute.

"Yes I will," Devyn pushes. "Come on. I've always told you."

"Yeah," I murmur, "but this is different."

"We'll just tell me and I'll decide if it's different," Devyn presses.

He's going to fucking kill me.

"Okay," I clench my jaw, "but you can't be mad. I swear to fuck, Devyn, if you get mad—"

"I'm not going to be mad," Devyn turns to face me.

"Emery," I grind out, looking away from him as his eyes narrow.

"Be serious, Grayson," he scowls. "You don't like her. You've hated each other since the day you met."

"No," I shake my head.

Devyn quickly gets up and paces the room.

Fuck.

"See I told you I shouldn't—"

"My fucking sister, Grayson? Seriously?" Devyn snarls.

"Look," I snarl back, "I didn't want it to be. I didn't meet you and decide, hey look, I'm going to be friends with this guy and just fall in love with his sister."