38. Grayson

I walk into Emery's room and lay her down on the bed.

"Hey, no. Lay down," Emery says, getting up to try to grab onto me.

"I am, baby. I'm not going anywhere," I murmur.

I crawl into her bed and pull her down on top of me. She sits up so she's straddling me and she grins.

"Emmy, you need to go to sleep," I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Nope," she shakes her head, still grinning.

"Your head is going to hurt in the morning," I say.

"Your head is going to hurt in the morning," she mocks.

"Okay, fine. You don't need to sleep then. But don't complain to me in the morning," I raise my eyebrows at her.

"That's not kind," she frowns.

"Neither is mocking me," I bite my lip.

"If I say sorry will you help me in the morning?" She pouts.

"Maybe," I kiss her forehead.

"Then I'm sorry. Maybe," she grins again. "Can I kiss you?"

"No, baby, you need to sleep. You're drunk. Like, really drunk," I sigh.

"I'm not that drunk," she narrows her eyes.

"Prove it," I smile.

"How?" She tilts her head.

"You don't—"

"You know what's funny?" She murmurs, laying back down on me. "That I was going to tell people that you're a kidnapper. People—people would've thought that you're crazy. That's funny, huh?"

"Not really, Emmy," I sigh. "Not really."

"I think it's funny," she giggles.

"You know what I think?" I kiss her cheek. "That you need to go to sleep."

"You're funny, Gray," she smiles like an idiot.

She quickly jumps up and runs to the bathroom. I get up and follow her. I make it just in time to kneel down next to her and hold her hair back as she throws up in the toilet. She wipes her mouth and leans back against me, groaning softly. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her head.

"I feel like shit," she groans.

"I know," I murmur.

I hold her for a few more minutes before I stand up.

"Brush your teeth, baby," I grab a hair tie from the counter and tie her hair back. "I'll grab you a water."

I walk into the kitchen and grab a water bottle from the fridge. Devyn comes walking in and grabs water too.

"How drunk are they?" I ask, leaning against the counter.

"Leia is pretty drunk. I don't think Aria had very much though. She doesn't seem as bad as Leia. She went to sleep pretty quickly," Devyn sighs. "How's Emery?"

"She just threw up," I mumble.

"Damn. I didn't think she would drink that much," he shakes his head.

"I didn't either," I murmur.

Devyn and I sit in silence for a minute before we hear Emery throwing up again.

"I'll go check on her," I say, pushing away from the counter and carrying the water bottle with me.

"Have fun," Devyn mutters before walking back to his room where he's probably taking care of Leia.