61. Emery

"Emery," Aria shakes me awake.

"What?" I groan, pulling a pillow over my face.

God, my head hurts.

"Get up. It's Rebekah's birthday. You've been moping around for the past three days since Grayson has been gone," she says. "You need to get up and stop crying."

"Four days, actually," I grunt. "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and today is Wednesday. And I'm not even crying right now."

"He left on Sunday, and today doesn't count. It's only seven thirty in the morning," she points out. "And you've been crying over the fact that he isn't here every second that you aren't on the phone with him."

"Then let me sleep longer," I moan. "I can pretty much guarantee that there's not going to be a party at seven thirty in the morning."

"Nope," she claps me on the back. "You've been in bed for four days. Get up and take a shower. And eat something. I have a feeling you haven't eaten much. Plus, you haven't even been sleeping. You have huge bags under your eyes."

"I've just been in bed," I argue, ignoring her comment about eating. And sleeping. "I'm not dirty."

"Your hair is greasy," she sighs.

"Why are you arguing with me?" I complain.

"Get up and take a shower, Emery," she stands up and walks out of my room.

I groan and roll out of bed.

I drag my feet to the bathroom and pull my clothes off.

I turn the water on and hear my phone beep.

I grab it and unlock it.

Grayson: Hey baby.

Emery: Hey love.

Emery: What are you guys doing today?

Grayson: Not sure.

Grayson: Devyn's got a list.

Emery: Okay.

Emery: Send me pictures!

Grayson: I will.

Grayson: I love you.

Emery: I love you too.

I set my phone down and get into the shower.

I let the water hit my face and drip down my body.

I stand in the water for a while before I finally start washing my hair.

By the time I'm done, Aria knocks on the door.

"Emery, hurry up," she says.

"Okay," I sigh.

I wrap a towel around my body and walk to Grayson's room. I shut the door and pull out the dress I bought for Rebekah's birthday.

I slip the dress on quickly and walk into the living room.

"Emery, you look so pretty," Aria smiles.

"Thanks," I murmur.

"Don't be so sad," Aria wraps her arms around my shoulders. "He'll be back on Sunday. You're halfway there."

"I know," I nod, my throat bobbing.

"He's not going to forget about you, Emery," she says reassuringly.

"I know," I say again.

"Then what's wrong?" She asks.

She sees the hesitation on my face and sighs.