18. Grayson

When we get to Emery's house, Aria and Devyn's cars are both parked outside.

We walk to the front door and Emery opens it.

"You guys have been gone forever," Aria says when she sees us come in.

"We've been waiting for almost two hours," Leia says from her spot on the couch next to Devyn.

"Sorry," Emery smiles sheepishly.

"Where'd you go?" Devyn asks.

"McDonald's," I say.

"You spent all that time at McDonald's?" Devyn looks between us like we've lost our minds.

"We were having fun, Devyn," Emery pouts. "We don't need to be here so you can babysit us all the time."

"I'm not dealing with this," Aria mutters as she walks to her room.

"Devyn, I'm sure it was fine," Leia murmurs, putting her hand on his chest to calm him down. "They just stayed out for a little bit."

"Yeah," Emery smirks. "Listen to your girlfriend."

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," Aria says, poking her head out of her room, "Leia's spending the night, Grayson, so you have to stay in Emery's room."

"I'm going to bed," Devyn says, quickly getting up and waking to his room.

He walks into his bedroom and shuts the door.

"I'll go check on him," Leia murmurs as she follows Devyn into his room.

"Well that went really well," Emery smiles up at me.

"Do you really need to be sarcastic right now?" I laugh.

"Yep," she sighs, walking towards her room. "It makes life better."

When I stay where I'm standing, she cocks an eyebrow at me.

"Are you coming with me? Or are you going home tonight?" She tilts her head.

"I don't think going home right now is a good idea," I mutter, walking into her room. "It's late."

"Yeah, probably not," she flops down on her bed. "I'd tell you to go grab the air mattress, but I'm too fucking tired to deal with setting it up. So just sleep on the bed with me, but stay on that side," she points lazily to the side she isn't laying on.

I lay down next to her and I hear her let out a breath.

"I can set up the—"

"Shut up, Gray," she smirks at me. "I'm tired."

"Of course, you are," I chuckle.

We lay in silence for a couple of minutes until the wind outside starts getting really loud.

"Why the fuck is it so windy?" Emery mutters, pulling the blanket over her head.

"Scared of a little wind?" I murmur.

"Not wind," she shifts uncomfortably.

"Then what?" I whisper as she continues moving around.

"Emmy?" I press when she doesn't answer.

"Rain," she mumbles, pulling the blanket higher.

"You love the rain," I murmur, confused.

"Yeah, I do," she sighs like she doesn't know how to explain it. "I love the rain. But I don't like big storms, you know? Like when there's lightning and thunder and loud noises and shit. It freaks me out. I don't know why."