10. Grayson

As Emery and I walk back into the living room, I have to shove my hands in my pockets to keep them from shaking.

I'm going to date Emery.

Well, not really, I guess, but it's good enough for me.

"Figure everything out?" Devyn asks when he sees us.

"Mhm," Emery nods.

"Good," Aria says. "Maybe you guys should go on double dates with Levyn. Then people will actually see you two together."

"Nope," Devyn laughs. "The two of them going out is enough. I don't want to watch it."

"Oh, come on," Emery rolls her eyes. "You started going out with my friend first!"

"That's different," Devyn says stubbornly.

"No, it's not," Aria laughs.

Emery shakes her head and starts walking away.

"Where are you going?" Devyn asks.

"Bathroom," she says over her shoulder.

She shuts the door and Aria turns to face me.

"How long?" Aria asks.

"What?" I blink.

"I know for a fact if you really hated Emery as much as you act like you do, you wouldn't have agreed to this," Aria says. "So, how long have you liked her?"

"Oh, this is going to be good," Devyn smirks, sinking down into the couch.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Aria demands.

God damnit Devyn.

"He's liked her for years," Devyn tells her.

"Years?" Aria screeches. "What the—"

"Oh my God," I snap, my eyes flying to the bathroom door. "Can you both shut the fuck up? You're so fucking loud."

"You have a crush on my sister," Aria fights a smile.

"Yeah," I mutter. "Now, please, shut up."

"As much as I'd like to stay and watch how this plays out," Devyn smirks, "I have plans with Leia. I'll see you later Grayson."

"Okay," I mumble.

Emery comes walking out and Aria and Devyn both smirk.

"See you later, lovebirds," Devyn laughs.

"Asshole," Emery rolls her eyes.

Aria laughs and starts walking to the door.

"Where're you going?" Emery raises her eyebrows.

"Out with Joslyn," Aria replies. "I'll be back in a few hours."

When the door shuts behind her, Emery sighs and collapses on the couch, burying her face in her hands. She looks so defeated.

"Looks like it's just us, hotshot," she mumbles.

"Looks like it," I murmur.

"Thank you," Emery looks up at me after a minute. "I don't think anyone else would have agreed to do this for me."

"It's not a big deal," I shrug.

"Yes, Grayson, it is," her voice hitches. "Most people wouldn't do that for me. And I don't know how I would have—"

Without thinking, I put my fingers under her chin and tilt her head up so that she's facing me. Instead of her pulling away like I thought she would, she just closes her eyes.