47. Emery

When we pull up to the pool, it takes a while for me to see my friends. There are so many people here.

I quickly slip on my pair of shorts and start playing with my fingers.

"What's wrong, baby?" Grayson asks as he parks the car. He pulls me into his lap and massages my neck.

"There are too many people here," I pout.

"Oh, Emmy," he kisses me gently.

"Maybe we could just sit in here and make out," I smile against his lips.

"We already got our bathing suits on, baby," he tilts his head slightly, still smiling.

"So it's just fewer clothes to take off," I smirk at him and he laughs.

"Maybe when we get home," he mumbles, closing his eyes while smiling.

"Okay," I bury my face in his neck.

He gets out of the car still holding me.

"Do you need sunscreen?" He asks me.

"Nope. I already put tanning oil on," I murmur.

"Of course you did," he laughs softly.

He carries me into the pool area and walks over to the table Rebekah and Joslyn are sitting at.

"You want to stay here?" He whispers in my ear as he sets me down on one of the chairs.

"Where are you going?" I look up at him.

"To talk to Devyn. We've got some shit to figure out," he shakes his head.

"I'll give you some time then. But not very much," I narrow my eyes at him and he laughs.

"I love you," he kisses my forehead.

"I love you, too," I smile and he walks away.

"You guys are so fucking cute," Rebekah laughs, shaking her head.

"I know! I'm so jealous," Joslyn squeals.

I smile and let my eyes look for Grayson. I see him and Devyn standing in the pool by the ledge. They look so awkward.

"What's wrong with them?" Rebekah asks, following my eyes to see what I'm looking at.

"They got into a fight," I mumble.

"About what?" Joslyn asks.

"It was stupid," I snort.

"Was it about you?" Rebekah smirks.

"Yeah, it was. Kind of," I sigh, rubbing my eyes.

"Spill," Joslyn murmurs, tucking her legs under her.

"I don't know exactly what happened. Just that Devyn pretty much told Grayson he had to choose between me and him," I say quietly.

"Damn," Rebekah mumbles.

"Yeah. Hey, where's Aria and Leia?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, yeah. I'm not sure. They got in the pool with Devyn earlier. I don't know where they are now," Joslyn says, leaning back in her chair.

"Oh," I hum, turning to try to find them. Grayson and Devyn catch my eye instead. They're talking to each other now, and they seem more comfortable.

"Go back to your boyfriend," Joslyn laughs.

"What?" I ask, quickly turning back.

"You keep staring at him," Rebekah smiles. "Go over there with him. Joslyn and I will be here."