21. Emery

"You know you're my favorite, right?" I tell Grayson as we pull up to Five Guys.

"I better be," he smiles teasingly.

We walk through the doors and he makes me sit at a table again while he orders.

While I wait, I run my fingertips over my thighs, drawing shapes.

"Aria is texting you," Grayson says as he walks back over to the table and sets the food down, handing me my phone.

Aria: You didn't come to school today.

Aria: We need to talk.

Aria: Leia told me.

I sigh as I lock my phone and slide it into my pocket.

When I look back up, Grayson is staring at me with concern on his face.

"You haven't slept very much," he murmurs.

"It's fine. I can sleep later or something," I shrug as I start eating my food.

"You can," he agrees. "But will you?"

"I don't know," I sigh, leaning back in my seat.

"You don't know?" Grayson raises his eyebrows, concern written all over his face. "Emmy, you have to know if you're—"

"Well, I don't, Gray," I snap at him. He nods and leans back in his chair. I exhale slowly after a couple of seconds. "I'm sorry," I whisper. "I shouldn't have snapped at you. I'm not—you don't deserve it."

"Don't worry about—"

"Don't fucking tell me not to worry about it, Gray," I mutter, dropping my head onto the table.

"Just eat, Emmy," Grayson chuckles.

"But I don't want you to feel—"

"Emmy," Grayson sighs. "Just eat, please."

I open my mouth to argue, but as I look back up at him, his expression makes it clear that I shouldn't argue with him. I clamp my mouth shut and only open it to shove food into my mouth.

"I'm sorry," I mumble again after I finish eating.

"You need to stop apologizing to me all of the time," he sighs. "Are you ready to go?"

"Mhm," I murmur, following him to his car.

When we pull up to the house, Aria's car is outside. She's back.

"Thank you," I smile at Gray as we walk inside.

"You're happy again?" He cocks an eyebrow at me as a small smile plays on his lips.

"Shut up," I roll my eyes and bite my lip to keep from smiling.

"I probably should go for a little while," Grayson tells me. "I haven't gone home very much recently."

"Okay," I nod. "I'll see you later."

"Okay," he says as he turns and walks away.

I open the front door and Aria comes rushing over to me.

"Took you long enough," she huffs at me before a huge smile appears on her face. "A little birdy told me that you might have a crush on Grayson."

"Leia," I mutter. I didn't need her to tell Aria right now.

"You guys are so cute together," Aria squeals, ignoring me.

"What are we squealing for?" Devyn asks as he comes around the corner.

"Nothing," Aria and I say in unison.

"I don't believe you," Devyn mumbles.

"I don't give a shit," I snort, turning and walking into my bedroom.