39. Emery

Grayson's smile comforts me more than his words do. I know that his smile means he really isn't mad at me.

I lean forward and rest my head in the crook of his neck. His arms wrap around my back and rub small circles.

"Eat your food, baby," he kisses me. "I need to get you home so I can ice your face."

"Can we go back to your house? I don't want Devyn to see this yet," I touch my eye and wince softly.

"Yeah, that's fine," he cups my face and brushes his thumb gently over my eye. "Let's go back now. I don't want your face to bruise any more than it already is."

"Okay," I murmur, letting Grayson pull me to my feet.

We walk to the car and I slip my hand into Grayson's. He pulls me closer to him and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"I love you, Emmy. You know that?" He laughs suddenly. I look up at him confused and he shakes his head. "I can't fucking believe you got mad that Debbie said stupid shit."

"Well it wasn't true, was it?" I frown. I thought he didn't want me to get into fights.

"No, it wasn't true. I just can't believe you got into a fight for me," he sighs.

"Why wouldn't I? You've always defended me," I tilt my head.

Grayson opens my door and I sit in the car, keeping my eyes on him as he walks to his side. He gets in and starts driving before saying anything.

"I'll always defend you, Emmy. I just know that that's not the kind of person you are. You yell at people when they piss you off. Or you cuss them out. You've only gotten in a fight once. Twice now," he says.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I did cuss her out," I slip my hand into his and grin up at him.

"God, Emmy," he laughs.

We pull up to Grayson's house and walk to the front door. He quickly unlocks it and I follow him in.

"Emmy, wait here," he says as we walk into the kitchen. "I'll get you some ice."

"Okay," I murmur. I hop up into the counter and rest my head back against a cabinet.

Grayson comes walking back over with an ice pack. He nudges my legs apart so he can better reach my face.

I wince when the ice touches my eye.

"I know, baby. It's cold. I'm sorry," he kisses my cheek softly.

He presses the ice against my eye, and I bite my lip to keep from wincing again. He uses his other hand to play with my hair.

I open my other eye and look up at him. His brows are creased with worry.

"It doesn't hurt," I say softly.

"Are you sure?" He tilts his head.

"Mhm. It's just cold," I sigh.

"Can I kiss you?" He blurts.

"Yes," I whisper.

He presses his lips to mine, the ice suddenly forgotten. I tangle my fingers in his hair and pull him closer to me. His hands move down to grip my hips.

I open my mouth a little and Grayson dips his tongue into my mouth. A quiet moan escapes me, and he makes a needy sound in the back of his throat.

"Fuck," he grinds out.

I break the kiss, moving my lips down to his neck. He tilts his head back and I hear his breathing pick up. I suck on a spot on his neck for a minute before going back up to his lips. He kisses me hard.

"Sorry, am I—am I interrupting something?" Someone says awkwardly. Shit, I forgot about Paul.

I pull away from Grayson, my face turning pink. He takes a deep breath, and I can tell he forgot about his dad too.

"Sorry, Mr. Woods," I smile sheepishly.

"No, that's alright," he clears his throat, scratching the back of his ear.

"Sorry dad," Grayson runs his fingers through his hair.

"I'll be upstairs," Paul shakes his head.

"I don't think your dad likes me," I whisper once he's upstairs.

"What? No, he does," Grayson turns to look at me.

"Are you sure?" I murmur.

"Yeah. He's told me. He said he likes that you're polite and respectful," he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

A smile spreads across my face and Grayson looks down at my lips.

"I want to kiss you some more," he breathes.

"Okay," I swallow. I want him to kiss me for the rest of my life.

He lifts me off of the counter and carries me to his bedroom. He lays me down and crawls over me.

I tug his shirt off and he quickly pulls my clothes off. He lowers his head, pressing kisses down my body. I thread my fingers through his hair. My eyes flutter shut when I hear him opening his nightstand.

He rummages around before shutting it again. I shudder in anticipation when he tears the package open. His lips are back on me in a second. He kisses me until I'm gasping before finally pulling away.

I hear him unzip his jeans and I nearly moan.

"Gray, please," I beg, not even sure what I'm asking for.

"I know, baby. I know," he groans, quickly pushing himself inside of me.

Fuck. He feels fucking amazing.

"Gray," I moan, my hands fisting in his bedsheets.

"Fuck," he grunts, dropping his head into the crook of my neck. I can feel his uneven breathing and I moan again. He starts sucking my neck and I clamp a hand over my mouth as I feel a cry building inside of me.

"Gray," I whimper.

"Emmy," he groans.

Grayson presses kisses up my neck until he gets to my jaw. He moves to my ear and nibbles it roughly. Another soft whimper leaves my body.

"God, I wish my dad wasn't home right now," Grayson growls, and it snaps something inside of me. A loud moan escapes me, one I know Paul probably heard, and I come hard.