36. Grayson

I sit and watch Emery eat.

Someone knocks on the front door and Emery's entire body gets tense. Devyn hurries to the and throws it open. I stand up in front of Emery.

"Hey guys," Leia says as Devyn lets her in.

"Hi," Emery whispers.

I sit back down and slip my hand into Emery's. She squeezes mine gently and smiles softly.

Devyn and Leia walk into the living room and sit down on the couch.

"I'll see you guys later," Aria says, getting up and walking to the front door.

"Okay," Emery mumbles.

Emery finishes eating and looks up at me.

"You have ketchup on your nose," I smile, reaching over and gently wiping it away.

"I don't know how that happened," she wrinkles her nose.

"Neither do I," I laugh.

"Can we watch a movie?" Emery tilts her head at me.

"You want to watch a movie? Or you're going to put a movie on and then sleep through the whole thing?" I smirk at her and she smiles sheepishly.

"Please," she whines.

"Alright. Come on," I stand up and walk to the couch and she follows close behind. I sit down and pull her into my lap. She buries her face in the crook of my neck and takes my hand in hers, drawing shapes on my palm.

I grab the remote and turn on the TV.

"What do you want to watch, Emmy?" I murmur, tucking her hair behind her hair.

"I don't know," she mumbles. "I don't really care. We can watch whatever you want," she trails off, falling asleep.

I stand up and carry her into her bedroom. I move the covers back before setting her down and tucking her in. She stirs and tries to get up.

"No, lay down, baby," I kiss her forehead and crawl into bed next to her.

She nods and scoots closer to me.

"Gray?" She murmurs.

"Mhm?" I rest my forehead against the top of her head.

"I love you," she smiles.

"I love you too, Emmy," I whisper.

I can feel Emery's smile grow as we both fall asleep.

I wake up to Emery pressing kisses to my cheeks.

"Good morning," I grin, stretching.

"Good morning," she smiles. "Devyn wants to hang out with you today."

"I'll tell him that I want you to go with me," I murmur.

"He doesn't want me to go," she looks up at me and shakes her head. "He wants just the two of you to go."

"I can stay. If you'd rather—"

"No—no. You should go with him," she swallows and looks away. "I'll stay here. Aria said she'll stay home with me today."

"Are you sure?" I ask. I don't want to leave her here.

"Yeah. I'll be fine," she whispers. "Just come back whenever you're done? Okay? Please?"

"I'll be back," I nod, kissing her head.

She smiles and nods her head. Emery climbs on top of me and wraps her arms around me.

"I want to stay right here until you leave," she mumbles, clinging tighter to me.

"Okay," I smile, wrapping my arms around her.

The door swings open and Devyn pokes his head in.

"We're leaving in two hours, Grayson," he says before he shuts the door and leaves again.

"Two hours," Emery sighs.

"I don't want to go without you," I pout, resting my head against her shoulder.

"I think you should hang out with Devyn. You guys haven't spent any time together lately," she says, running her fingers through my hair.

"Fine," I mumble.

"Gray?" She murmurs.

"Yes?" I hum.

"Are you guys going to get drunk again?" She whispers.

"I don't think so. I don't know where we're going," I pull her head back so I can look into her eyes. She looks sad. "Why? What's wrong?"

"I just don't want you guys driving home if you're drunk. I don't want you to get hurt," she looks away, blushing softly.

"Okay. I'll make sure we don't do anything stupid," I kiss her cheek and she smiles weakly.

"Okay, change of plans," Aria says as she walks in. "Grayson, you and Devyn are staying here. Leia, Emery, and I are going out instead. Emery get up, I don't want to be out until midnight."

"Okay," Emery frowns, slowly getting up and walking to her closet.

"Are you okay, baby?" I get up and walk over to her, wrapping my arms around her shoulders when she just continues staring at her clothes.

"I don't know what to wear," she whispers.

"What do you want to wear?" I murmur.

"I don't know," she sighs, leaning back against me.

"Then just where what you're wearing now," I smile softly.

"I'm wearing your hoodie and a pair of tiny-ass shorts," she huffs and tries to dig something out of her closet.

"I don't see what's wrong with it," I bite my lip.

She grabs a dress and turns back around. "I'll wear this," she kisses my cheek and walks out of her bedroom.

I walk into the living room and sit down on the couch next to Devyn.

"Hi," he says.

"We're—"

Emery quickly comes walking back over to me and crawls into my lap, tucking her face into my chin.

"What happened?" I wrap my arms around her. "I thought you were going to change."

"I forgot how much I miss you," she mumbles.

Devyn makes a gagging sound and I flip him off. He shakes his head and laughs.

"Emery, did you change yet?" Aria calls as she walks in. She sees Emery sitting with me and she sighs. "Get up. You've had so much damn time to cuddle with your boyfriend. We need to go."

"Nope," Emery pouts, clinging tighter to me.

"Emery, come on. Jack won't be—shit. That's not what I meant," Aria bites her lip and I feel Emery tense.

"How long are we going to be gone for?" Emery murmurs.

"Not long. We can come back whenever you want," Aria says.

"Okay," Emery sighs, getting up and walking to the bathroom.

I keep my eyes on the bathroom door until I hear Devyn saying my name.

"Mhm," I mumble.

"Did you hear what I said?" Devyn tilts his head.

"No, sorry, what'd you say?" I turn to look at him.

Devyn shakes his head and mutters something under his breath.