Chapter 37 - Let it go

a/n: *singing* let it goooo let it goooo can't hold it back anymore... haha xD you will loooove this chapter,I know you will :D

let me know what you think :)

CHAPTER 37 - LET IT GO

NATALIE'S POV

"You're late." I chided as soon as I opened the door, knowing who it was. Eric gave me a crooked grin as he showed off the pizza cartons in his hand, which made me grin too. I could smell all my favorite ingredients.

"You're forgiven only because you brought pizza." I commented, half sternly but jokingly, as I grabbed the cartons from his hands, then walked towards the living room. Eric chuckled and, once closed the door, followed me.

When this afternoon he texted me that he'd drop by, the idea of a pizza and movie together almost immediately formed in my mind, but I wasn't sure. Mom works tonight, therefore we'd be alone. Aisha convinced me to go through with it, but I thought it was better to ask General Watson first. She's sweet and everything, but really severe at times. Much to my surprise, she agreed. Well, after having scrutinized me for a long moment, and on condition that my boyfriend must be out by ten. She trusts me, she underlined. She trusts me and she knows I wouldn't do anything wrong, but she recommended me to be careful if I was to act on impulse, which, obviously made me blush profusely at the very simple thought ...

Before Aisha left, she had me wear one of my new outfits, which was a little more daring, but only in the sense that it better hugged my curves other than hide them. So I was wearing sort of skinny faded blue jeans and a white halter top, plus a beige long cardigan. I'd argued with my friend that it was just an informal night, but she said it'd be just the two of us, so it counted as date, therefore I had to look good. "You gotta always look good for your stud, Cookie", she told me and, maybe it was just me reading between the lines, but I took it as an indirectly reminding me that Eric is quite a catch for girls, be it only because he's so hot, therefore they might try to steal him from me and ... nah, I was overthinking. Ok, maybe I am jealous of him, but I trust him. I know he wouldn't cheat on me ... I think.

I lay the pizza on the coffee table in front of the sofa and sat down. Only one detail of my outfit wasn't as my friend wanted: I was barefooted. I've always liked walking around home like that and I thought that it would have helped me be more comfortable tonight, so ... but even my hair was cured, I mean, Aisha insisted on curling it for me, saying I shall keep it that way for a while, just to see how it looks. Also, she made me swear not to back out of the promise I made her to let her be my beautician every time I need it and to start wearing my new clothes, cutting it off with baggy things that hide my curves.

As Eric sat down next to me, he eyed me for a long minute, which I pretended not to notice while I fumbled with the remote to start the movie, considering I'd already put the DVD on, just to spare some time. I yelped when Eric effortlessly grabbed me by my hips and brought me to him, making me lean against his side as he sank into the sofa.

"Much better now." He commented as he wrapped an arm around me. Trying to dissimulate, I argued that that way I couldn't reach pizza, but he simply leaned in to grab one of the cartons and lay it beside him. I narrowed my eyes at him when I realized I'd have to lean in to him too much to grab a slice, but he simply grinned, opening the carton as he told me to start the movie.

Adjusting my feet to bend them on the sofa, I better leaned on him and reached for the remote, but before I could start the movie, he stopped me: "Wait. We forgot something." I frowned, confused, and he grinned, leaning in to lock lips with me, making my heart skip a beat. "A refill of sugar was needed." He joked and I rolled my eyes.