20

The day of Meredith's baby shower came, Alders had Rowan drive him. "You know you don't have to do this" Rowan said. Alders sighed, looking down at the wrapped up blanket.

"I want to, but why am I so nervous" Alders said.

Rowan gently held Alders hand. "It's all going to be fine" Rowan said. Alders knew Rowan was right, he was going to be fine.

"Would you like to accompany me" Alders asked. Rowan was meeting with Horace about the progress of his book. But being with his love was more important.

"I'd be more than happy to accompany you" He said. Alders lit a smile on his face from ear to ear.

"Thank you"

"No need to thank me, I enjoy being by your side" Rowan said.

The couple was a only a block away from Anders and Meredith's home. Alders began to worry about what people might think, especially Anders.

Once arrived at the Lennon Estate, Rowan and Alders parked their car in front of the imprisoned mobster's home.

"Did you know the man" Rowan asked. "Of course I did, he and Louis were darling people accused of a crime he didn't commit" Alders said. They looked over at the abandoned home that once belonged to the infamous mobster known as Harry Styles and his lover Louis.

Next to the home was the Lennon estate. When Alders father died, Anders was given the home. Alders was set on a ill faited path with nothing.

Rowan sensed that Alders was becoming more and more tense. He squeezed his hand gently. Alders looked up at him. Rowan only kissed his forehead. "I'm right here" He said. Alders nodded, sighing once again before beginning to walk towards the door.

Alders hasn't been back to his brothers estate for a while. After the last encounter Alders doesn't know if Anders would even welcome him.

Approaching the door, Rowan rang the doorbell. Alders was feeling too nervous to do it. He felt Rowan kiss his hair once more, that made Alders drop his shoulders.

Lady Lennon answered the door. Alders caught his own mothers gaze. Immediately he fell to the ground, Rowan went to his aid.

A very pregnant Meredith rushed to the door. "Go back to the sitting room, Lady" Meredith said. Lady Lennon took another disgusted look at Alders. Rowan met Meredith's gaze, she looked sympathetic.

Meanwhile Anders was in the sitting room. Lady Lennon entered looking disgusted. "The ghost is among us" She said. Anders then went to the door.

"Rowan"

"Anders"

"What exactly happened" Anders asked. "Be serious" Meredith said. "I am" Anders said. Meredith rolled her eyes, before speaking once more. "Lady Lennon happened, they took one look at each other and then the poor boy fell to the floor" Meredith said.

"Is there any way we can place him in a room" Rowan asked. Anders nodded, "I don't think he'll like it when he wakes up" Anders said.

Rowan began picking up the unconscious boy carefully. The wrapped gift was loosely held in his arms. Meredith noticed the gift that Alders was holding she softly smiled. She knew the baby would love it.

Anders trotted up the main stair case, Rowan soon following. The crowd of attendees didn't bother to look. Except one, lady Lennon. She excused herself from the activities.

Meredith was quick to get her back into the sitting room. "I forbid you to go anywhere unattended, this is my husband's house which also means I have a say about it as well...I am a Lennon now that being said you listen to me" Meredith said.

Lady Lennon soon went back into the sitting room. The pregnant Meredith felt accomplished standing up to her mother in law, no matter how much she found her vile.

-
Anders, Rowan and Alders approached a door. The brother opened it. Revealing Alders bedroom.

"He doesn't have the best memories here but I believe this is a good place for him to recover" Anders said.

Rowan agreed, he walked up to the bed and placed Alders gently onto it. Anders left the two, to go back downstairs with Meredith.

Rowan looked around Alders childhood room. A very young Alders looked back at him holding Dorothy. Next to him was his grandmother.

Rowan smiled softly at the young Alders. He looked much happier then. But looking closer at the picture he saw how ill his grandmother looked. She must've known her time was coming and wanted to give her grandson something special.

Alders groaned in his sleep, slowly opening his eyes. He saw Rowan looking around his childhood room.

Rowan looked over at him, smiling softly. "How are you feeling" He asked. Alders sat up on his childhood bed. "Better, but who was that woman who answered the door" Alders asked.

"You're mother"

"Why is she here" Alders asked.

"I wouldn't know, maybe it's your twin brothers home" Rowan said.

"I don't want to go down there with her being here" Alders said. "We can do whatever you want, I'm following your lead here remember" Rowan said. Alders nodded, his stomach then growled.

"Do you think you could eat"

Alders shook his head no. He was dead to his mother, he already knew his place in her eyes.

"I still care about you" Rowan said.

Alders cuddled up to Rowan, laying his head on his shoulder. All he thought about was his mother being in the same house.

Alders felt Rowan kiss his hair. "I'm still going to love you" He said. Alders knew he'd always be loved by the American.

The couple stayed cuddled up together for a few hours. Alders fell asleep in Rowan's arms. Not long after a soft knock was heard.

Meredith poked her head in. "I'll come back later" she whispered . "Oh no it's alright" Rowan whispered. Carefully waking Alders up.

"I'm sorry for embarrassing you earlier" Alders said. "You didn't embarrass me, don't be sorry" Meredith said. Alders looked at Meredith, she meant it.

"Um, I made this for the baby"

Alders held out his wrapped up gift. Meredith gladly accepted it. She was excited to receive something from Alders.

Meredith opened the gift and saw a beautiful yellow crocheted blanket. All around had little bumble bees and pots of honey. "This is beautiful Alders" Meredith said. "You like it, that much" Alders asked.

Meredith nodded, "Of course I do, most of the baby gifts were from shops in town but this has meaning and made from the heart I adore you for that Alders, thank you" Meredith said.

Meredith pulled Alders in for a hug. The boy was being careful about her stomach. He was happy that Meredith loved the baby gift, he worked hard on it.