21

Rowan, Alders and Meredith went downstairs. Alders never let go of Rowan's hand. He felt if he did, Rowan would disappear in thin air like in his dreams.

As the chatter grew louder, Alders grew more nervous. "I'll go check on her" Lady Lennon said. Alders eyes widened, he dropped Rowan's hand. But Rowan snatched his hand right back into his.

"Ah, there you are, Meredith your party guests are waiting" Lady Lennon said. The woman's eyes didn't bother to look at her own son.

"Let them wait, they're not my guests there only here for the baby" She said.

"Very well" Lady Lennon said. Turning around she straightened her posture before she strutted back to the sitting room.

Alders stomach growled once again. "I-I think I'm going to try and eat" Alders said. "Do you want me to make you a plate" Rowan asked. Alders shook his head no. "I think I can handle it...it's food is it not?" He said.

Meredith showed Alders the table of food. He heard Rowan's voice echoing from within. Alders eyes wandered over the delicious food on the table. He didn't know where to start.

His hands held a plate, on the plate was a slice of cinnamon bread. Next to the bread slice was the smallest scoop of Bread and Butter pudding. Lastly there was room for Yorkshire pudding.

Rowan was sat at a table, the table was away from the crowds of people.

Alders met his gaze, he was met with a smile. That lit up the room.

"Hi"

"Hello handsome"

Rowan sent a wink towards his lover. Alders tried to hold back his smile. He let his happiness win. Alders noticed that there was a missing chair.

Looking at Rowan, Alders saw that he was up to something. "My lap is open if you're looking for a chair" He teased. Alders rolled his eyes, he didn't bother to see if anyone was watching.

He sat on Rowan's lap, like a chair. "This is a comfy chair" Alders said. Rowan's arms wrapped around his torso. "I'm glad you're comfortable" He said.

Alders looked at the food on his plate. "Eat when you're ready, don't force it if you're not ready" Rowan whispered. He then kissed the back of Alders head. "I love you either way" Rowan whispered.

Alders felt the hunger build up. He wanted the cinnamon bread. But he went for the Yorkshire pudding. With the smallest bites he began eating.

"Can you feed this to me" Alders asked. Rowan took the Yorkshire Pudding from Alders. "Of course I can" He said. "It's pathetic, I'm sorry" Alders said. Rowan shook his head. "Hey, don't be sorry...never feel sorry when you're with me" Rowan said.

Alders nodded, Rowan was right. He shouldn't feel sorry about his eating disorder.

Rowan held the fork of food for Alders. "Would you like a bite" He asked. Alders nodded, he opened his mouth to welcome the food in. "I'm proud of you" Rowan said. Kissing the boys cheek.

Alders took a few more bites before he was at a limit. He took a break from the food. Resting his head on Rowan's shoulder. "You took five bites of everything I'm so proud, that's amazing" Rowan said. "It's better than three bites" Alders said.

"It's a big step for you, I'm so proud" Rowan said. He kissed his forehead. Alders hugged him tightly. "Would you like to get out of here" Rowan asked. Alders nodded. The two of them said their goodbyes to Meredith.

"You're more than welcome to stop by anytime" Meredith said. "You and Anders are both welcome to our place as well" Alders said. The invite was aimed more towards Meredith. "I'll hold you to it" Meredith said.

After their goodbyes, Rowan and Alders were off. They passed the elitist club on the way home. "It's Friday night why aren't we stopping" Alders asked. "There's a club I've wanted to try" Rowan said.

Rowan parked the car in the lot. "What is this place called" Alders asked. Rowan kissed his lips. "Just know this a place where people like us can be free" Rowan said. Rowan pushed open the doors.

"Welcome to The Lawrence"

A man with intimidating features greeted the two. His eyes were filled with warmth, they could turn cold in an instant.

"My name is Gino Lawrence the owner of this fine club" He said. Another man came up to Gino's side. "Excuse me gentlemen I must be going, but feel free to order drinks at the bar" Gino said.

"I grew up with him" Rowan said. "Did not" Alders said. Rowan chuckled ruffling Alders hair.