27

Alders POV (it's about to get messy)

I sat at the table with Rowan and his friends. I tasted Alice's name in my own head. Glancing at Rowan. It makes sense, our names sound similar.

A burst of laughter filled the table, shooting me back to reality. I looked around the table.

Alice's eyes were on my lovers lips. No one else could do that. I'd rather die than lose Rowan to some bimbo. What even is a grade school? All we had in Britain were primary schools.

I hated how I was tasting her name in my mouth. Barbaric.

"Alders tell us about England" Alice said.

Why is she now being so vocal towards me?

"It's beautiful..." I said. I had to lie, in order to keep her from getting on a plane and flying to London to steal Rowan from me.

I felt Rowan's hand on my back. Looking his way, I noticed a concerned look on his face. Like he was trying to figure something out.

"Alders can I talk with you for a second" He said. My heart began to speed up. "You can say it to me here" I said. "We will discuss this as adults in private" Rowan said. I looked at him, I followed him outside.

Rowan pinned me to the brick wall, I didn't even have time to react. "Tell me what's going on in that brain of yours" Rowan asked. It's stupid, I'm jealous of a girl who used to date my man.

"Alders"

Shit, I haven't said anything yet have I? If I don't say anything then he'll definitely leave me for that thing.

"I'm jealous of Alice" I sighed, it's so dumb to be jealous of someone that you don't know.

"Why, there's nothing to be jealous of" Rowan said.

"I don't want her to steal you from me, she looks at you with so much admiration that I can't even imagine" I said.

Rowan cut me off with a kiss. It slowed my heart down. Believe it or not I kissed him back.

"You're the one I'm in love with, Alice was a childhood fling" He said.

I didn't answer him, instead I tightly hugged him. Rowan's chuckle filled the void of silence.

I smiled softly as he chuckled, he was in love with me. I was being delusional like I always was. My old nurses in the asylum even called me delusional, including my own mother called me delusional before she disowned me.

"I love you too, I don't want anyone else to have what we have" I said. "You'll never lose me to anyone" He said. I believed him.

I trusted people too much, Rowan was the type of person I trusted a little too much.

"Let's go back inside" he said.

I followed him back inside the bar. Alice was speaking to her husband, when her eyes met Rowan. She then saw me, her lips scowled. Like hell she would get rid of me that easily.

"My apologies" I said.

Alice's husband had a forgiving smile, meaning Alice barely looked my direction. I didn't bother to look towards her, she doesn't deserve my gaze.

I then felt Rowan's lips press a kiss on my cheek. Looking his way, the man I love winked at me. I knew he loved me, I loved him maybe more.