pilot episode (2)

Scene: Dunphy household

(Doorbell rings)

Hayley: Don’t answer it; I’ll get it! (runs to door; Claire gets there first)

Claire: Hi! Hey, you must be Dylan. (shakes Dylan’s hand)

Dylan: Hey. Dylan, yeah.

Claire: I’m Hayley’s mother.

Hayley: Hey. Now let’s go. (leads Dylan upstairs)

Claire: Okay, um… hang on one second. Um… woah. Dylan, you’re still in high school?

Dylan: Yeah, I’m a senior.

Claire: A senior. Okay. Cool. Phil, sweety, honey… he is Dylan and he is a senior… (whispers) and you need to scare him.

(meanwhile, I secretly climbed the stairs and reached at higher level from where I have to look down to see Dylan)

Me: So, Dylan, what's the deal here. (everyone started to look towards me and Dylan)

Dylan: What?

Me: exactly. So, you are in senior High right!!! So tell me, how to calculate area under the curve.

Dylan:???

(Everyone stared at me and Alex started giggling holding her laughter)

Me: Don't know! Okay. What is matter wave??...how many forms of matter is there??

Dylan: .......

Me: you don't know!!! Okay, Okay. It's fine.... What is ether- acid clevage or you just have clevage of my sister in your mind...

(Alex, Luke and Phil brust into laughter)

Claire: Language!!

Phil: Let me meet this playa. Phil Dunphy, yo.

(Commentary)

Phil: It’s like that. You just- you just stare down on them and let the eyes do the work. Your mouth might be saying, “Hey, we cool,” but your eyes are like, “No, we not.” (points to mouth) “Nice to meet you.” (points to eyes) “No, it’s not.” (points to mouth) “S’all good.” (points to eyes) “S’all (mumbles) isisn’t.”

(Cut back to scene)

Phil: Yo.

Dylan: Yo.

Hayley: Okay, I see you guys have-

Phil: Wait, wait, wait! You two… you two keep it real, know what I mean, son?

Dylan: Not really.

Hayley: Please stop.

Phil: That’s cool. (hand slips off stair rail) Ow! Oh god, that’s my back!

Claire: Sweetheart…

Phil: Ow! Oh, I slipped on the baby oil.