New comic published & reaction (2)

Dunphy Comics has released its second publication to great success.

It spanned to all niche comic book stores like the first one. No matter how envious these comic book owners were of my company, that did not stop them from earning money alongside Dunphy Comics.

If this new publication company would maintain its success in the long run and have more issues to display, then upgrading into the Dunphy Comics aisle from Dunphy Comics shelves would be in consideration.

Spiegelman's Maus and Sim's Cerebus the Aardvark would lose its new neighbor when that would happen.

This second publication was also opening up another market that Dragonball didn't try to make contact with.

Newsstand owners were probably jealous of the comic book stores and wanted to join the comic sales.

This opening would help in distributing Dunphy Comics to the mainstream newspaper buyers but the I vetoed the development as the entitled parents would flip when they see non-CCA approved comic books on newsstands.

It was fine for them if it came from the nerd stores but when it would be from newspaper booths, their parent association would probably revolt in an uprising.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was already going strong, so there was no need to compromise its stability with an opportunity that would attract trouble.

The Turtles' Origin is Untold might seem like a surprising title that popped out of nowhere but it already had some expectant buyers since it was foreshadowed in Son Goku's advertisement pages.

In those pages, they were just dark and weird silhouettes but now that they were finally unveiled, everyone got to see Leonardo, Rafael, Donatello, and Michelangelo's full turtle-y glory.

The cover art and cover layout of the released issues were as new and appealing as Dragonball had been. The superior aesthetics that was ahead of its time was still present in this new comic title.

The smoothness has made it stand out against all the other issues on display while complimenting its CC logo identity with Dragonball by its side.

Those collector and displayer people were already thinking about displaying the Turtles and Goku in special case displays just for the cover alone.

Baxter paper printing was still used and the turtle brother's pleasing greenness with their color- coded headband- like masks was clear to identify.

The content, the story, its interesting and humorous sewer premise, amazing action styles for each respective turtle, and parodic parallel to the superhero genre were a perfect mix.

The Daredevil parody was toned down by me a lot but nerd experts could still find some connections to the two.

When the cool- sounding names of influential Renaissance artists were designated to mutated turtles, the humor and parody theories just elevated.

By the time the issues would introduce the Foot clan, their suspicions would be proven true.

Superhero stories were popular but stories parodying superhero stories might be becoming popular through these green turtles.