Robo cop's story (1)

Comic book stores always opened in time as usual as the release day is their peak with Dunphy Comics always snagging in a lot of buyers.

There is also the much-awaited weekly survey and popularity posters that never fail to draw in people that want their voices heard and want to appreciate the trend of their peers.

The Dunphy Survey train ensued as it has always had. Fans of other characters could only lament at the horniness of their nerd peers when they saw Bulma, April, and Charlie wearing the gold to bronze crowns respectively.

Dragonball is the top title this week, while the middle ones interchanged between the anthropomorphic turtles and cats, while the latecomer Transformers is still shy of being on the top 3.

As the survey answering, poster admirations, and result lamentations ensued, people also flock to the Dunphy Comics corner and admire the displayed titles.

Just looking at the issue cover side by side always results in an aesthetically pleasing sight that the crowd doesn't want to disturb.

Dunphy releases never fail to impress them. Even more so when the shoddily drawn and low-quality old prints of DC and Marvel are still ever-present in the stores to show the stark contrast.

There is also the library-esque display style of the stylish Volume Books that never failed to impress people that want such a display of their own.

It is unfortunate that they have their curious urge and buyers' habit to grab their own copies, so they have to disturb the pleasing display to ease those urges and habits.

It just so happen to be an abundant week of releases as well with Dragonball #24, ThunderCats #13, The Transformers #9, and the much advertised RoboCop issues is debuting.

The high-numbered issues served as continuations to the story they've always sought conclusions and excitement from while the fresh RoboCop was the 5th story that they could marvel at.

To the Dunphy fan crowd's excitement, RoboCop is not a single-issue debut but a much generous serving from RoboCop #1: Future Detroit to RoboCop #5: Cyborg-ed.

"Haha! Finally, the mass release I've always requested for." A laughing man from the crowd rewarded himself after all the mass release requests he has always hounded for in the Dunphy survey's suggestions part.

The rest also joined in on the enthusiasm and grabbed all five successive RoboCop issues.

They read on and found that the story was unlike everything they've been used to. It also cemented the fact that, how diverse William Dunphy is when it comes to storytelling and concepts.

The teens and childish nerds looked on at the innovative robotic designs while the conservative adults contemplated more on the mature tone that the story beholds.

Thus, Dunphy fans are introduced to the subversive world of RoboCop and the semi-hidden deep themes that it wishes to convey.

Part Man, Part Machine, All Cop! It is a cringy exposition to those in the future but it has an amazing pull on people in the 70s - 80s.

With that cyborg and law-enforcement slogan creatively displayed on every well-made issue cover, everyone that could be hooked has already been hooked.

Of course, most of the people who read on with the fun only found the superficial enjoyment it portrayed.

Who wouldn't be amazed when there's the future with the cop being transformed into a crime-fighting half robot? Every nerd interested in sci-fi stuff would not be able to resist, especially with the limited number of high concepts that will be extremely prevalent in the new century.