Chapter- 3

"YiBo!"

Yibo heard a voice calling to him and he turned towards the voice where he saw his mother coming down the stairs with a frown early in the morning.

"Why did you get up early? Why didn't you wake me up?" She asked, descending the last step and coming to him.

It was not that early. Six in the morning was time for the sun to peep behind the mountains and say a warm 'Good Morning' but it was still a little dark outside giving it a night view. There is no sign of sunlight and dark clouds floating in the sky are making it even more darker. It has been raining intermittently since last night. Now again light showers of rain were taking the whole town in its trap. The gusts of cold wind that accompanied the tiny droplets were causing shivers in the bodies.

Even in this darkness, the peak of a mountain far away from this certain point was visible, above it, the silhouette of a building, perhaps a hotel, was clear to see.

In such weather when people are willing to hide under the blankets in their houses, Wang Yibo was sitting by a window in a corner of the living room of his house, holding a cup of tea, admiring this calm view of the outside. The sounds of the pitter-patter of the rain on the roof were musical for his ears.

Even after coming late at night, he woke up early in the morning. It is like since childhood. Waking up early at dawn is one of his daily routines, which could never be changed no matter how late he went to bed.

Knowing that he would not be able to sleep again, he came out of his room and then downstairs, went straight to the kitchen to make his green tea, and with his cup of tea he sat here to enjoy the beauty of nature. He, at first, was so lost in admiring the outside scenery and then thinking about the previous day's events he couldn't realize that his mother had woken up too.

"Good morning, Mom.!" Wang Yibo stood up and took her mother in his embrace and greeted her.

"Good morning!" She replied, accepting the warm gesture of her son. Her frown eased up a little but it was for a short moment.

"Now tell me, when did you arrive? And why didn't you wake me up?" Mrs Wang asked, frowning again.

"It was late at midnight. You were asleep soundly so I didn't want to disturb you." Wang Yibo said smiling at her mother's fake anger.

"I told you about the weather and told you not to drive in this weather and stay there. You never listen to me." She pulled his ear and it made him jolt with pain.

"Ahhhhh.... Mom. Please, leave my ear." He pleaded to her with a small cry. Mrs Wang left the ear taking pity on his son who was looking like a cute toddler with puppy eyes throwing angry glances at her. "Why did you do that?" He whined rubbing his ear. Due to little torture, redness spread on it.

"So that next time you think twice before ignoring my words." Saying that she moved to pick up the cup laying on the table next to the two chairs, one of which had already been taken by Wang Yibo.

She went to the kitchen with the cup of tea which was now nothing more than cold water.

"I told you already that Dr Shen wanted to discuss a patient so I went to them. But it took more time than I expected." He said taking his seat back. Still, sulking like a whining baby.

"Then why didn't you stay with your princess? She called me yesterday and constantly threw tantrums that you didn't come, not even to pick up your car. Chen has to drive it to you. You know I had a hard time calming her down." She shouted from the kitchen, placing the cup in the sink. She heaved a sigh considering how hard she had to work to pacify her niece.